Heart Rhythm Community

speech problems after nuclear stress test

I had a nuclear stress test, was unable to do the treadmill so I was injected to make my heart pump faster. During the test I had a bad reaction, hyperventilated and eyes rolled in back of my head and then after it was over my left leg was twisted inwards while trying to walk. That soon went away but the next night my speech was slurred and that has been a month ago now. Has anyone ever had this reaction? My body functions and gait are normal, just this very bad speech problem.
Have you seen a neurologist?  If not, you should.  Soon, because it sounds as though you have had a neurological event of some type.

In general, the sooner you see a doctor for things like one-sided body problems or speech effects, the better.