Five weeks on PPIs and no relief?

Had my gallbladder removed in December.  Still having most of the same symptoms I had before plus a few new ones.  Was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia and acid reflux based on symptoms alone 5 weeks ago.  I took Carafate four times a day for 3 weeks, Prilosec OTC for 2 weeks and then changed to Nexium for the past 3 weeks.  So, over five weeks on PPIs and nothing has gotten better.  In fact, I've been feeling worse.  My stomach is still tender to the touch from my breastbone to my belly button.  My chest aches and I have a dull ache behind my breastbone.  I burp alot and have been hiccuping more frequently.   Sometimes  everything feels tight even up to my throat.  Even after drinking water it causes chest discomfort and tightness.  I'm really concerned.  I have an appointment with a gastrooenterologist in almost 2 weeks.  What could possibly be going on?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Sounds like severe reflux
Best next step is endoscopy followed by pH and manometry to confirm diagnosis
Good luck