Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heartburn Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
166039 tn?1256422867

cant eat much please help

I had a baby 3 years ago & started having chest pains, shortness of breath, left arm pain. Had a complete heart workup. Jan of this year, I ate pizza about a 1/2 hour after I ate I started coughing and couldn't breath. called 911, they took me to ER where told me I had acid reflux here's a nexium follow up with your GI doc.  he did an endoscope. Said I dont have acid reflux. I continued to have breathing problems in my diaphragm area & PCP said you have bronchitis Gave me predisone, amoxicilian. Continued to have breathing problems and developed swallowing problems. So I called pulmonary doc, sent me to an ENT put a camera in my throat said I have LPR. Gave me nexium.I continued to have swallowing problems did a barium swallow it was normal. Eventually the globas feeling & swallowing got better but I eat the same things everyday. Was on nexium 2 x a day, didn't eat anything that would give me acid reflux, drink only water, sleep sitting up. I am now to the point where I can eat boxed pudding, graham crackers, banana's, egg whites. I have started juicing. I was able to eat fish and veggies until 2 weeks ago I had another bad episode of the breathing, Lungs are fine no asthma. GI stills ays it is not silent acid reflux.   If I have been sitting for awhile and stand up I have problems in my stomach, upper bowel diaphragm area, when I take a deep breath, expand my stomach it is hard to breath. Also after I have a bowel movement I have the same issue. When I eat or drink anything it feels like my food is just sitting there. I take kapidex now and ativan (as needed) still no improvement.   I am 35 years old, 5'4", 98 lbs. I have lost about 15-20 lbs with all of this. I am so weak and with not being able to eat my fish, just juicing 2 x a day I am so weak, but can't get anywhere with doc. PCP said try gluten free diet, I've tried, thats not it.  
1 Responses
1140722 tn?1266352679
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
To rule out LPR or GERD you need a pH and manometry eval
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem