Hemorrhoids Community
423 Members

Can hemorrhoid cause a swollen groin lymph node?

I have a swollen lymph node on the left side of my groin and a few days ago I had severe itching around my anus so I looked in the mirror and saw an enlargement of the skin from my anus to the top of my taint. It was like a hard lump but also had a blister looking thing towards the top of my taint with white spots that looked like pus a little. I've been taking warm baths And the itching and most of the swelling has gone down but now I have a swollen lymph node in my groin. Is the swollen lymph node related to this hemorrhoid ?
Hi and sorry the late reply. I dont believe they are related. Hemmerroids are a balloned out peice of tissue in the anus and nodes are a filer for infection. Ive never heard of a hemorrid getting infected but i guess it could. If your worried best to see a doctor esp if you have a swollen node in that area. Proably nothing but best to have it checked out
Let us know how your doing.
dave
Thank u. Does it sound like it is a hemorrhoid or could it be a herpes outbreak? I do have hsv 2 but I don't think I've ever had an outbreak. Maybe my stress caused it.. But it looked more like a swollen long lump of skin from my anus to the top of my perineum and at the top there was a blister looking thing with white spots and I think that's what was really itchy. Maybe I had both at the same time :O
Well the itching is a hemorrhoid symptom if that helps.
I've had the same thing happen to me for the last 10 years and no doctor can figure out why I get a hemorrhoid's and swollen lymph nodes in my groin (both sides) at the same time and they go away at the same time.  Sometimes I feel like I have burning in my uppers lungs as well.  Someone mentioned it might be due to pelvic sluggishness.  You might try acupuncture to move the energy in your abdomen.
Every time my hemorrhoids get inflamed, my glands swell and become sore.
Hi -
Did you ever find out what it was (hopefully just a hemorrhoid?).  Im curious bc I have EXACTLY what you described,  (even the hsv!) and just discovered a swollen gland on left side of my groin too. I'm freaking out bc all these symptoms are also all the the same symptoms of anal or rectal cancer.  Pls do let me know and thanks for posting-- helps to know someone else has experienced this kinda baffling thing too.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.