Hemorrhoids Community
389 Members

Hemorrhoid bleeding for hours after using bathroom?

I've had an external hemorrhoid for the past few days, and today, when I went to the bathroom, very little blood came out, but when I wiped, blood was all over the toilet paper. The pain went away almost entirely, only leaving a little irritation. It also felt like the hemorrhoid was much smaller now. I spent 10 minutes wiping blood before giving up. I went back to the bathroom every half hour to hour or so to wipe again and see if I was still bleeding, and I was. It has now been 9 hours since using the bathroom, and I am still bleeding at the same rate. I haven't used the bathroom since. Is it normal for hemorrhoids to bleed far after using the bathroom, especially for 9 hours?

There is no pain. I'm 22, 5'8, 200lbs, male.
Hemorrhoids Community
389 Members
425 Questions
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.