Hemorrhoids Community
394 Members

Hemorrhoid bleeding

i was using icepack to reduce discomfort but suddenly it started to  bleed a lot (never happened this to me before). Anyway, next morning I went to emergency and doctor told me that I am not bleeding from rectum but my hemorrid has damaged. He recommended to put pads and it will go away soon. But it is the 3rd day now but I still see bloods on my pad. Not sure when will my bleeding will stop or should I go back to hospital. Any suggestion? Thanks for your support.
If it's bleeding significantly, you should go back to the doctor.  If it's a few drops of bright red blood, especially when you use the bathroom, it's probably just the hemorrhoids.  You may want to make an appointment with your doctor or a colon/rectal specialist to see what your options are.  In the meantime, you may want to apply some witch hazel, which should help with both the pain and the bleeding.
Hemorrhoids Community
394 Members
430 Questions
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.