Need a new Doctor

I have autoimmune hepatitis. I need a new doctor, any suggestions in San Antonio area or Austin, I live in New Braunfels.
Hi I am sorry you have not gotten an answer yet. I am sure there are people on the forum that live in Texas.  Perhaps they will be along soon
Good luck
Dee
thanks, I found 1 in Austin area, seems to be real good.
I was just diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis and saw a doctor in Austin.  Not impressed with his office staff at all.  Could you let me know who you found and what you think?
I have a doctor that I like - Dr. Nancy Matteer.  I started going to her back a few years ago due to stomach bleeding and GERD (related to the various autoimmune arthritis diseases I have) I recently started having Liver Inflammation and I immediately went back to her and she is on the case.  
She's a Heptalogist as well.

What I like about her is she's smart - compassionate - and VERY thorough. (ten vials of blood??? Really???)  AND the thing I like the most is that she is NOT a part of Austin Gastroenterology, which pretty much owns this town. I wasn't happy with the first doc I saw there and they wouldn't let me change to another one. Finding a private practice Gastro here is hard.

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis Autoimmune Community

The first signs of HIV may feel like the flu, with aches and a fever.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.