Hepatitis B Community

Clearing hbsag Reverse Tolerance and response to vaccine

http://www.jimmunol.org/content/early/2016/03/01/jimmunol.1502061.abstract

Clearing Persistent Extracellular Antigen of Hepatitis B Virus: An Immunomodulatory Strategy To Reverse Tolerance for an Effective Therapeutic Vaccination
Danming Zhu*,1, Longchao Liu*,†,1, Dan Yang*, Sherry Fu‡, Yingjie Bian*,†, Zhichen Sun*,†, Junming He*, Lishan Su§, Liguo Zhang*, Hua Peng* and Yang-Xin Fu*,‡
+ Author Affiliations

*Institute of Biophysics–University of Texas Group for Immunotherapy, Chinese Academy of Sciences Key Laboratory for Infection and Immunity, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100101, China;
†University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100049, China;
‡Department of Pathology and Immunology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75225; and
§Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599
Address correspondence and reprint requests to Dr. Hua Peng and Dr. Yang-Xin Fu, Institute of Biophysics–University of Texas Group for Immunotherapy, Key Laboratory for Infection and Immunity, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 15 Datun Road, Room 1507, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100101, China. E-mail addresses: ***@**** (H.P.) and Yang-Xin.***@**** (Y.-X.F.)
↵1 D.Z. and L.L. contributed equally to this work.

Abstract

Development of therapeutic vaccines/strategies to control chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection has been challenging because of HBV-induced tolerance. In this study, we explored strategies for breaking tolerance and restoring the immune response to the HBV surface Ag in tolerant mice. We demonstrated that immune tolerance status is attributed to the level and duration of circulating HBsAg in HBV carrier models. Removal of circulating HBsAg by a monoclonal anti-HBsAg Ab in tolerant mice could gradually reduce tolerance and reestablish B cell and CD4+ T cell responses to subsequent Engerix-B vaccination, producing protective IgG. Furthermore, HBsAg-specific CD8+ T cells induced by the addition of a TLR agonist resulted in clearance of HBV in both serum and liver. Thus, generation of protective immunity can be achieved by clearing extracellular viral Ag with neutralizing Abs followed by vaccination.
Pls explain sir
The problem is that clearing surface antigen by an external neutralizing antibody is impossible unless the hbsag is extremely low, like less than 1iu/ml.
yes monoclonal antibodies are useless for sure while reading it i was thinking about replicor and cuban vaccine with or without zadaxin, probably a very good add on to push cure rates
hey steff can hbv carrier do exercise like normal person
of course hbv carrier can even win olympics, you can have advanced cirrhosis and do sports....i did
thanks
It has been 1 year since I am off theraphy after 120 weeks of interferon and my hbsag titer went up from 0.06 iu/ml to 0.94 iu/ml (my baseline hbsag was 10 000 iu/ml).

Studyforhope do you think I am good candidate for clearing residual antigen by external neutralizing antibody with hbv vaccine and course of Zadaxin?
Nice result especially that you started from quite high HBsAg. What was your HBsAg just after 48 weeks of interferon ?
And do you have any HBsAb now, I think it may be important information to choose next step.
i think you should use gcmaf, vit d3 and zadaxin, another member tried gcmaf with hbsag around 20iu/ml and cleared
he may start light first from Bravo Yogurt probiotic to fix his internal bacterial flora and improve immunity (this would be good for anyone even healthy people), plus D3 of course.
Than maybe some oral colostrum gcmaf or injectable one.
what was your genotype?
never checked my genotype
where are you from ? this may give a chance to guess gentotype.
Russia
I found that Russia is 90% genotype D and rest is A.
better use high dose gcmaf from saisei or goleic, the other member used goleic under the tongue and it slowly decreased but took 6months to und and a lot more for hbsab to become detectable
which supplement can i take with exercise
.i m carrier dna undetectable .hb e antibody positive. hbsag 1800 i u.and fibroscan normal.can i take supplement like normal athletes
it is already known immunity can be retained by clearing/lowering hbsag.. certainly experiments should be rapidly shifted from animal models to humans.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.