in 2007 HBV DNA Quant. less than 0.38 IU/ml but now in yr 2016 it is 112 IU/ml

Hi Stef,

I incidentally got the tested positive for HBSAg in year 2007 when applied for a job in Gulf. Then worried a lot when declared unfit for the job. I consulted a Hepatologist/Gastro-enterologist in the city and he advised the further tests. The test reports were HBSAg +ve. HBeAg 0.38 Negative and SGPT 34 and SGOT 28 and ALK Phosphate 4.9, Platelet 205, TLC 6106, Hb 14.8 and HBV DNA Quantitative was less than 3.8 IU/ML where IU = 5.8 Copies and U/S was showing fatty liver. Then doc. refereed me as a "Inactive State Carrier" Screening of my spouse and mother and father was also done, they are were found HBSAg negative and were vaccinated at that time. Now after 9 years in 2016 I again got tested for HBV DNA Quantitative and its value is 112 IU/ML. All LFT is ok, KFT is ok, CBC is also ok. HIV is neagtive, Anti HCV is negative. I want to know that am I still an inactive carrier or I have become active now? Am I prone to spread the disease to others in my contact ? I am feeling very insecure. I used alcohol also in last 5-6 years many times. Please let me know of any possible treatment.

Thanks and regards
Charanjeet Singh
to know if yo are inactive you need to check hbsag quantitative and fibroscan too, hbvdna 112iu/ml is nothing and nothing to worry

fatty liver is same disease as hbv and can even be worst, so take vitamin d3, vitamin E (natural type), fish oil with a minimum of 3g of epa/dha
and of course no processed foods, sugars
It is hard to believe that in 2007, your lab report can state that your HBV DNA was less than 3.8 iu/ml. This is a very low limit of detection for 2007.

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.