Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis B Community
7.12k Members

Alinia plus simvastatin

Hi anybody using this combo.  I wonder if there are side effects.  Sim crosses the blood brain barrier and can cause insomnia.  So i take it in the morning then i can sleep at night.  

Does anyone notice side effects from taking both alinia or simvastation.  

I bought alinia from progressiveRX.  Can someone recommend a lab (anywhere in the world)  to test the purity.
8 Responses
sorry.  i mean does anyone notice side effects from taking both alinia and simvastatin together?
hey Jeff.. That is a could subject you have brought up.

It will be nice to find a pharmacy that sells good quality meds.. I know in the US it is impossible to test the medication from a third party. Other countries you can..

I have heard of people buying Chinese Baraclude for dirt cheap, and other drugs.. But I am very concerned not be sold something that can poison me. That is the only thing why I did not try Alinia.. It is a very good effective drug against HepB.. I pleaded with my Hepatologist to give it me, he didn't prescribe it. :(  

alinia genric is sold evenin US at lupin distributors pharmacies but it just boosts intf response, it doesn t work monotherapy
we can't get it here without a prescription..

I didn;t know that Alinia only worked with interferon..
Stef recommended alinia plus SIM plus interferon plus Vit a D.  

You can monitor vitamin D but serum calcium and vitamen d level.  IT is just a vitamin.

Interferon is naturally produced by our bodies so unlikely to interact.  

Alinia and SIM both metabolised by the liver.  Good thing alnia does not affect P450.  2/3 of alinia is excreted in bile.

However, we must try to see if these give sife effects.  
SIM interacts with many drugs.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.