Hepatitis B Community

Black seed (Nigella Sativa)

After reading of Nigella Sativa (black seed) it sounds overall like a good supplement to take.  I have doubts about a HBV cure, but figure after reading of the positives it cannot hurt to try for good overall health at least.   I live in he US, so do not have spice shops.  I found some organic raw black seed on Amazon.  One question, they all say they are high in iron and I thought we with HBV were suppose to avoid lots of iron?

Can you please tell me what brand you are using, how to take it (can you just grind and eat plain, and if the extra iron is bad.  Thanks.
Is this one okay.....look at the iron content and let me know if this is to be avoided.  Thanks.
http://www.amazon.com/Kevala-Organic-Nigella-Sativa-plastic/dp/B0109BL2JW/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1446408628&sr=8-12&keywords=nigella+sativa
I have searched online and found one in ebay, but seems to me yours is better quality. I can see iron content is 103%. I am very reluctant to iron. However, I wanted to try black seed. I have no idea what have to do. May be to do more research before putting order.
I agree.  I've read iron builds up over time and for men and post menopausal women extra iron is to be avoided.  I too wanted to try the black seed but it seems to have an awful lot of iron that may not be good?  I hope others can add some clarity.
it's definatelly worth to try. it's good for the liver and it's anti-inflammatory.
What are your thoughts on the large content of iron?  I was all ready to order until I saw this.  I read men and post menopausal women (I've had a partial hysterectomy) should not take extra iron.  In fact, I've noticed that in men's formula or over 50 multivitamins there is usually zero iron.  
I am using Black seeds from Indus Organi. I bought online from Amazon. I eat raw black seeds every morning after I have honey n lemon juice.
When did you start it?and is there any change concerning your hbv tests ?
it is  a month now since i started taking Black Seed , i no longer need to take antihistamine,since i took Black Seed no malaria althu i have repeated mosquito bite. before discovering black seed  i was infected with malaria three times in a year and i have to take antimalaria which is  hepatotoxic,i will use Black Seed as malaria prevention too.also after one month and half i will go fibroscan test, i will see if it reduces my score.
For me stopped it because I have take it about one year so I see it is too much taking supplement but when I stop it I feel somehow tired....i will see it effect in my next check especially Las time I had 17million viral load
I have been taking for almost 8months now but when last time I asked to some one from Egypt about the dose he just told me not to take more than 7 seeds that's why at some times i was feeling like burning in my stomach.
Hi flyinsky,

I started taking black seed almost a month ago. I am taking half tea spoon every day(raw black seeds).

Royal,
Why the restriction only 7 seeds per day? Do I need to take only 7 black seeds per day?
For me i bought it prepared with honey jelly royal propolis ginsing vit c b12,b6
It I is ready for consumers .I guess the doses are controlled.
7 seeds? using raw half  teaspoon it took me  more than 7days to feel the effect, with experiance of stoping and starting i am sure 7 seeds will have no effect on me,    safisifa  used desert spoon which may helped him to clear hbsag.
i m taking it since june and my iron is very low, i dont think it has so much iron to cause problems especially because from a natural source

i think iron is a problem as a synthetic formula or iron pills but when from a natural source it may be more balanced
I'm eating from time to time fresh chicken liver, not a lot, a bite size of table spoon (to provide vit A) do you think it may be dangerous cuz liver is high in iron too as I know.
I think eating in moderation is not harmful just equilibrate our food
you can mix turmeric with your honey+black seed mix.
http://www.udayavani.com/trending-videos?vtnid=NzA4NTE0fHwxNDQ5fHwwfHx8fDV8fA==
pamela anderson cures hep from last 16yrs of diesesae  but hep peoples when?
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.