I am a chronic hepatitis b patient at the age of 27. I have this since childbirth. In my youth (age 8-13) I eliminated the antigen E Doesn't matter you know what I'm talking about. So then at some time the results were so good they signed me out saying that I am cured. So as a kid I started normal life, which also included alcohol but not that regular. So at the age of around 16 I started with alcohol which I quitted this year, which is around 10 years of unhealthy and unaware life. I took some drugs like paracetamol mixed with antibiotics when I was having a tooth infection. I also used to exercise heavily from time to time.
At the age of 26 in 2010 I returned to the clinic because of some minor stomach aches around my liver.
I didn't apply much of the diet, still with some minor alcohol and exercises.
hbvdna 3200 lU/ml
Still didn't apply much of the diet, I was still unaware, but at some time before christmas 2010 I started taking sylimarin and essentiale forte with milk thistle and tumeric. At christmas and new year I ate everything including chocolate but haven't touched alcohol.
At that time I was feeling pretty good, had no depression, no stomach aches, no gastrical problems, no acid foam burps which I have almost regularly today. No liver aches at all. I stopped essentiale forte intake and reduced silimarin intake.
Now at that time after coupple of months, I guess at february or a little bit later things started going really bad.
I applied heavy liver diet after noticing first liver aches and acid foam burps and stomach aches. My diet consisted of pretty much no fats at all. I thrown out the frying pan. Started using soya sauce instead of oil, switched to chicken breast exclusive, with some veggies from the fridge, and white bread, no alcohol. Used almost only 0%-0,5% fat milk. It all happenned at the time I got a new job. Problem was I was getting all kinds of infections there, including stomach flu and numerous other gastrical problems. Somewhere between march 2011 i drank 3 beers at one party and I still hate myself for that.
hbs-ag 2983 COI
Doc said the liver is enlarged, despite that usg test from that time shown nothing. He told me that I have probably 20 years of age left, I can forget about surgeries of the fibrosis (we didn't know what stage I had back then) because as he stated it- it happens so rarely so I must "rather enjoy the rest of my life", the same about liver transplants "ain gonna happen, doubt that it will happen later on". When I asked about new treatments like nitazoxanide he said "rubbish, never heard of that treatment for liver". Doc was also pissed off that I did the quantity test of Hbsag and commented "Thats stupid, I already know that you are hbsag positive, why do you keep doing that test?" and later on "you can never return to physical training, simply because you will probably never be cured"
After that, things gone rather bad for me. Stomach discomforts, gastrical problems and chronic liver discomfort incerased in just 2-3 months of nofat diet and today they are pretty much regular. Chronic fatigue also occured, I used to have a shortness of breath when walking up the stairs, taking longer walks or even more intense talking. I also got somewhat depressed feeling weaker each day. Only coffee somewhat helped, earlier on I felt really happy after coffee, now today I feel rather sad, just more active and more energetic. I started taking taurine and the chronic fatigue almost completly vanished. Some other doctors confirmed that most of my discomforts are of a different origin than fibrosis/hepatitis, probably infection from a dog, from job or wherever else. From time to time I have headaches. My liver doc said it might be iron in my liver. I feel reasonably good in my stomach almost ONLY when I have an empty stomach for the whole day. When I drink coffe I feel discomfort around my liver, when I drink water I still have the discomfort in larger doses. Most of the things I eat like bread, meat or whatever makes either aches or discomfort in my liver area. The pain/ache of the liver changes. Sometimes it is just short bites, sometimes it is the choking feeling in the liver like after very long run, in this week I keep feeling even some discomforts on my back near the liver area. Some minor nausea happens recently, and once I even had yellow sticky feces. Liquidy feces happens
my weight dropped in 7 months from 82 kg to 73 kg. Don't know if that's cause of the disease or just good diet.
At 28.07.2011 I attended fibroscan test as my doc prescribed.
Stiffness KPa 10.3. Success rate 91%
the numbers from 1 to 10 (number of tests?) shown E ranging from 5.5 KPA to 29 KPA.
Doc stated it is equivalent of f2/f3 on metavir scale
At this point I was devastated. My questions are:
1. HOW MUCH TIME I HAVE LEFT ? Is it 1-5 years, still 20-30 years, or even 40-50+ with proper treatment ? I keep the nofat diet for months, but I keep feeling weaker and the virus is getting stronger. Makes me feeling depressed.
2. Is there or is there not something like diet for chronic hepatitis b patients ? Some doctors tell me that the diet is a mytho, except that alcohol and poisoning (those really unhealthy foods) part. Now other say that I shouldn't even move much during the day to survive the next 20 years.
3. Can I drink coffee ? Can it help me or make things worse ? Some about taurine
4. Can I be subjected to nitazoxanide treatment ? Does it work ? Same about naltrexone low dose ?
5. Can I be cured ? Can I stop the disease process until I die from other, hopefully natural causes at very old age with proper treatment ?
6. Lets say some day my hbsag level reaches 0. Will my fibrosis still develop even having a good heathy life and diet ? Can my fibrosis be surgically removed ? I know this seems naive, but still don't know what will next 20 years of medical research bring.
7. Can I exercise or not ? I love climbing, running, bootcamp (pushups, pullups,situps), minor weight lifitng (for strenght not muscles), I feel wonderful doing that. Can I take long mountain marches ? Now I quitted all exercises and physical activity because a large part of doctors keep scaring me that it will speed up the process of fibrosis and/or hepatitis, while other doctors tell me that I should do some moderate workouts. But what is a moderate workout ? Less quantity, or less cardio fatigue or less weight ? Or shorter time ?
8. Lets say some day I might need a transplant. Can I exercise then normally ? How often and for how long will I need to take medication then ?
9. What can cause fibrosis regression ? Can it happen without interferons and with my present condition ? Does the regression naturally occur with a hbsag level below 2000 ?
10. Was my fibroscan test valid or should I perform a biopsy ? Does it mean that biopsy will show much worse situation in my liver ?
11. Does the fibrosis progresses all from itself ? Like in cirrhosis stage ?
12. What treatment should I ask for from my doctor ?
13. What are some new promising developments that could help me in my treatment ?
14. Can you list some top things to avoid in my condition ?
15. Are my liver/stomach/gastrical/head/ discomforts associated with something other that fibrosis and hepatitis b ? Doctors I met often suspect parasites.
16. What tests should I perform, which doctors to visit ?
17. What supplementation can I get for myself ? Milk thistle, taurine, cordyceps, vitamin e, others ? And how much ?