Direct bilirubin levels?

Alt 20
Ast 22
Total bilirubin 0.50mg/dl
Direct bilirubin 0.10 mg/dl
Is there a question here?
Yes my direct bilirubin is high and my total bilirubin is normal what does it mean?
What scale is on the lab report?

My lab uses 0.1 to 1.2 for Total and 0 to 0.4 for direct which means your results are normal if your lab uses the same scale.

As to what does this mean you should ask your doctor. We are not doctors here and cannot diagnose any medical condition.
My direct bilirubin is high and I don't know if that's somthing I should be concern about
if all other liver function test are normal and fibroscan less than 6kpa, it is not due to hbv but other illness, u need a good specialist to check it

are you overweight (bmi over 25?)
Yes I am
i would suggest to lose weight first, my point of view is being overweight is an illness and a very bad one since it affects all body organs and it is a slow killer

what is bmi?
My BMI is 29
way too much for liver to be healthy (also consider all organs are affected), bmi must go less than 25.
did you already try the diet i did for fatty liver?some swimming or aerobic exercise?

i have found only organic unprocessed foods helped me lose weight from 25 to 22, swimming alone was making no effect
I just have it calculated is 27 and I was on diet with BMI 23 but I gaind weight over last 2 years again
was bil abnormal when bmi was 23?did you check if you have fatty liver on US?

also consider that you need a proper probe for fibroscan to read properly when bmi is high.time ago fs could not read well high bmi but i guess they solved it by now with a different probe
I also have high dorect bilrubin but normal total. My high bilrubin is 0.4 on a scale of 0 to 0.3
Thank you  I had ultrasound on Monday doctor just called me he says evrythig looks normal and we still don't have fibroscan in the US my biopsy 2 years ago was inflammation stage 1
there is one fibroscan in ur state , here is the link.
http://www.northshore.org/gastroenterology/procedures/fibroscan/
Just double check with doctor: is there any sign of fat in the liver, even minimum....i always ask because i noticed even the best one dont mention it

i did know it because years ago fs wasn t going down from 9kpa....at that point dr mention for the first time.....maybe its ur fatty liver.....i thought damn and you tell me that after 1year on therapy....so fron then i always ask any minimum sign of fat.......

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.