Hepatitis B Community

Happy New Year

First and foremost,

Happy New Year!!!!! Sorry its been so long but i've had a lot to deal with personally.... Did everyone have a good holiday? Did everyone eat and drink (soda) well? And most importantly, did everyone miss me? Lol....

~When i say i had a lot to deal with i've recently been thru pretty much the highest and lowest points regarding HBV.... As some of you 'oldies' would recall i was on combo tx up to around October 2009 and with the results i had gained... around 12 ALT and UND DnA, my hepitologist thought it was a good time to take me off tx and see if my body could handle the virus on its own.... since being off tx to now my DnA rocketed to 55 mil + and my ALT went shooting up to something like 600+.... Obviously thats when i hit my lowest of the low...

I was called back into the office and told i would need to immediately go on Tenovir by itself which didn't seem to shift the ALT and DnA for a couple of weeks.... However, on my last evaluation both my ALT and DnA have shot down dramatically. My ALT is 142 and my DnA is now 675 IU/ml.

I have also convinced my hep doc to do 6 month US's from now on so very happy cos my guys don't really seem to believe it gives them more advantage of knowing whats going on....

Now the questions:-

1).. Is it normal for DnA and ALT to jump up and down so much with or without medication (or in-between as per my example).
2). Is an AFP of 1-2 (out of 10) quite normal... I was hoping it would be 0 but does 1 or 2 indicate theres a possiblity something is there?
3). Is Tenovif a good mono-tx?

I look forward to your responses....
yes because it is not avalable any test to measure hoost immune control on cronic hbv, plus it is like on antibiotics and you can get resistance and then......i am on entecavir and i am not even thinking of stopping tx, i would only 6 months after hbsab is developed and hbsag ultra und, and even in this case the virus is still in the liver for decades but immune system has complete control over it

there are many reasons for afp to be above normal especially on high alt flares.if you want to be 100% sure just check liver with ultrasound

3). Is Tenovif a good mono-tx? yes because it has no resistance up to now (3years) even if hbvdna is not und and this is very good.It can have some notable sides over time but it is too early to tell.i have choosen to start entecavir because no sides and only 1,2% resistance at 6 years but i will combo as soon as trials on combo are available, i am also planning to add alinia after first year as soon as some data on combo with nucs is available
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.