Hepatitis B Community

Hepatitis B Vaccination Effectiveness

Does the vaccine that I received as a young child last for just a certain period of years or a lifetime?
Majority of doctors tell you a life time which is not true! "Oh I had my shots as a baby" Is what the majority of people or doctors will tell you and when you order a blood test it is not included to see if you're immunized or not. It has to be ordered or if you're travelling out of the country,donating blood or applying for a job. I can't wrap my head around! It should be a mandatory in every blood test and doctors must tell adult patients by law to get re-immunized as this is a serious liver disease and the vaccine only last 10-20 years. I recently told my docs to vaccinate me for Hep A and they told me later then I told them " You would have to take me out of here with your security guards if you don't" and just like that they gave me it. I also found out that gardisal (hpv vaccine) only last for 4 years so I guess my doc will be seeing my crazy behind again very soon.

Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.