Hepatitis B and residence permit in France

I have chronic hepatitis B and been using Viread and Zeffix. ALT has been normal, HBV DNA has been negative and HBeAg has been positive recently. Now I am post-doctoral researcher in Paris and applied to temporary residence permit in Paris for 1-year without work permit. I have been working in an institution in my country and I can benefit from our social security system through the consulate. Namely, I do not need social security in France. I would like to learn whether my hepatitis B create a problem for the residence permit or not? Merci beaucoup.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Entecavir is in a similar class as Lamivudine but is folds more powerful and has a much much better resistance profile.  Can't quote any specific study on this combo but if you understand how things work, this is it.
Helpful - 0
After 2.5 year of Zeffix use, I had positive Anti-HBe, but about 6 monts later it relapsed. Again, I used Zeffix and about 1 year later, resistant mutations appeared and HBV DNA was very high. Then I used Zeffix and Hepsera, they decreased HBV DNA but it was still positive. Then I have switched to Viread and Zeffix and HBV DNA has been negative in a few months. My doctor usually suggests a change if the previous options are not successful, but I will mention from this combination after I return to my country. Is there a scientific study about the combination of Viread and Baraclude? Thank you.
Helpful - 0
Well firstly, if you are on combo treatment, you should really switch Zeffix to Entecavir.

And I not familiar with anything on France.  Maybe others could answer this part.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?