Hepatitis B Community

Hepatitis from Scalp Cut

Hi All,

I hope I am posting in the correct forum. Thank you in advance for reading this. I am concerned about possible exposure to hepatitis b/c. I went for a massage at a massage place. I think it could have been an erotic massage parlour. I only opted for a massage. The lady was wearing provocative black stockings abd heels, and did not look to healthy. Nothing happened. I just received a regular massage through clothing. My concern is that while she was massaging my head, her nail grazed my skin. I noticed a small open cut on my head two days later. It didn't bleed as far as I know, but it's a clear red abrasion about half-a-centimeter by half-a-centimeter. I did not notice any blood on her fingers. She has fairly long nails. I am quite stressed. Am I at risk for hepatitis?

Thanks.
From the description of your potential exposure to Hep B with this nail caused cut, given there was no major blood etc. it seems unlikely that you would have contracted the virus if she had it. There's a simple blood tests that will show if you have it or not if this still worries you and Hep B vaccines are available.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.