A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis B Community
7.19k Members

Hepatitis from Scalp Cut

Hi All,

I hope I am posting in the correct forum. Thank you in advance for reading this. I am concerned about possible exposure to hepatitis b/c. I went for a massage at a massage place. I think it could have been an erotic massage parlour. I only opted for a massage. The lady was wearing provocative black stockings abd heels, and did not look to healthy. Nothing happened. I just received a regular massage through clothing. My concern is that while she was massaging my head, her nail grazed my skin. I noticed a small open cut on my head two days later. It didn't bleed as far as I know, but it's a clear red abrasion about half-a-centimeter by half-a-centimeter. I did not notice any blood on her fingers. She has fairly long nails. I am quite stressed. Am I at risk for hepatitis?

Thanks.
1 Responses
From the description of your potential exposure to Hep B with this nail caused cut, given there was no major blood etc. it seems unlikely that you would have contracted the virus if she had it. There's a simple blood tests that will show if you have it or not if this still worries you and Hep B vaccines are available.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.