Hepatitis B Community

Inactive HBV carrier

Hi Friends,
                  I'm HbsAg positive since 2 yrs. My HbeAg is negative and Ati HBe is positive and HBV_DNA_PCR is negative since 2 yrs. My ALT is also normal from 2yrs. No symptoms also. Doctor has classified me as an Inactive HBV carrier.. I haven't had any medication since 2 yrs, But today (1/12/2012) doctor has given me Lamivir HBV 100mg tablets once in a day in the morning.
                     Now my question is What is the status of my HepB and Shall I start this medication to bring HbsAg negative.
Your doctor is probably out of money. Medical guidelines say should that you should start treatment if your DNA > 2000, alt > 2x normal limit, fibrosis in the liver.

Do not start the treatment before you are sure you need it.

Also check which medication to use, it is not that straightforward.
thanks or the reply brother.. So You suggest me not to start the treatment as per the medical guide lines.. Can you explain me in which phase I'm in.. Immune tolerance or???.. I dont understand anything of this disease. The forum says that there are many phases like immune tolerance phase , Immune Clearance phase and Immune Inactive phase.. I dont understand these terminology.. I'm totally confussed.
thanks for the reply brother.. So You suggest me not to start the treatment as per the medical guide lines.. Can you explain me in which phase I'm in.. Immune tolerance or???.. I dont understand anything of this disease. The forum says that there are many phases like immune tolerance phase , Immune Clearance phase and Immune Inactive phase.. I dont understand these terminology.. I'm totally confussed. .
Lamivir  is Lamivudine, a first generation hbv drug that is no longer considered suitable to treat chronic hepatitis b. So, do not use Lamivir.

As to the present phase of your infection, you have not given us sufficient information to give you an opinion. At the least, we need to know your ALT and viral load. It is very difficult to believe that your ALT is normal, HbeAg negative, and hbvdna undetectable since 2. We need to know these the result of these tests recently.
Yes, do not start treatment with lamvir or anything. First get fresh tests, liver ultrasound and fibroscan if available. And change the doctor, find the one who is hbv specialist, not just gastroenterologist.
Now it is not possible to tell which phase you are,we will tell after the tests, but surely not immune tolerance because you are hbe neg
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.