Must Stop Baraclude

My husband is getting laid off and will lose his insurance.  He has Hep. B and will have to go off Baraclude.  I am very nervous for him.  Has anyone had this experience of having to go off their medication for a period of time?  What happened?
if you have financial issues check posts on this forum about generics, you can switch to tenvir which is tdf or tenvir em or similar name which is tdf+ftc, both are more potent than entecavir, entecavir generic is not available but since the other drugs are more potent there is no need for it

see posts on this forum about where you can buy them and if you can afford them, they are produced by cipla at an affordable price, please be very careful not to stop entecavir if you don't have other antiviral or if doctor said you cannot stop it because you can get resistant mutations plus very high alt/hbvdna relapse if you stop
thank you
my problem is same as yours.. it's financial problem too.... do you know what are the changes in your husbands body?? me,there had been a lot.... just have more faith in God that's the only thing i know who can help me. be strong!
tenvir is generic version of tenofovir
tenvir tm is generic version of tenofovir+emtricitabine (truvada) which even more potent than tenofovir alone

entecavir is less potent of both tdf or truvada, i am also on entecavir which is about 1000usd per month changing currency from euro, i have it free in my country but it is absurd to allow such costs for a stupid tablet

http://www.aids-drugs-online.com/productindex.php
drug prescription for viread required
I have a call into his doctor.  I will let you all know the outcome.
If you are in U.S.A, then you can apply a support program from gilead, call them and ask for help then fill out some forms, you can get tdf for free. Wish you luck.

Just search "Gilead", then look for programs.
Wow, thank you very much.  I am in the USA.
You are welcome!
This is an update as promised.  My husband is now recieving Baraclude for free from the maker Bristol-Myers Squibb.  They were very easy to deal with and the process of getting the drug for free was simple.  If I was ever to like a drug company this would be it.
Thanks for the update.  I'm sure your experience with help another here.
Thanks for the update.  I'm sure your experience "will" help another here.
how i wish anyone here in the Philippines could receive free Barraclude also :(

check generic entecavir in india if you cannot afford baraclude
Well... Tenofovir is potent buy after reading the side effect, it's kinda scary.. About the kidney toxicity and reduction in bone mineral density.. sounds like your bone will crack easier... Well I got Baraclude from Malaysia and it seems to be quite reasonable.. ard 180 USD
I was in this situation before, if you live the United States then BMS, the company that makes entecavir, will give you the medication for free as long as you fill out some forms.  Just use the following link:

http://www.bms.com/products/Pages/programs.aspx

You will see Baraclude (entecavir) listed, and follow the directions on the website.

Best Wishes
Anyone know how to find Baraclude in Indonesia ?
Thanks before
I am in the same condition, too. I want to know how to mail  Baraclude (entecavir)  from outside USA.

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

The first signs of HIV may feel like the flu, with aches and a fever.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.