My first hbsag quantitative

Just got first hbsag quantitative: 30 iu/ml. How accurate is this type of test? I am in USA.
It should be, I got mine back in January. Looks like yours is very low. Hope your infection will resolve by itself very soon.
I am wondering whether I should go with interferon. How effective is the interferon for my case?

I am hbeag negative. I guess I got hbv from childhood. No other family member has hbv. I start viread since 2010.
You consult with good hepatologist.your hbv quantitative value is low praying you free from this disease
Can any experts comment on how interferon will help? I need some background info to talk to my doctor who may not be most updated on the new treatment. Also want to justify the potential side effects.
everyone's condition maybe different, i was on viread since 2005 or 2006, and took me almost a decade for my own immune system to make hbsab, hbv dna undetected, and hbsag negative. if drug has been working well for you, i would leave it as it is, stay on viread for a few more years, then decide later.
So you cleared it. Great!

I have been detected hbsab for over a year. The level is at ~7. I will discuss with my doctor and see if there is any way to help to make hbsag negative.
Did another test. Here is my HBSAG summary.

5/6/2017: 30 iu/mL
5/12/2018: 12.5 iu/mL

It looks a good sign. How fast can it drop at this level?
Can you go on Interferon? Hopefully you will be cured soon! If not, take some immune system boosters, eat healthy, sport...
I am concerned with side effects. Thanks for your suggestions. I will let it run by itself.
5/6/2017: 30 iu/mL
5/12/2018: 12.5 iu/mL
11/21/2018: 38 iu/mL

The trend looks fluctuating.
You're numbers are looking really good. Looks like you did the right thing starting TDF in 2010 when your viral load was getting elevated. Who knows at this point if you could possibly try adding on Interferon and might clear.
Some good doctors would at this stage recommend stopping TDF. This could active your natural immune response which could finish off your hep B. Check studies by Thomas Berg. You would have to just monitor your Hep B frequently (monthly) during the first year after stopping, to make sure things don't get out of control.
I think the risks of stopping TDF are too high for me, unless sero conversion is a sure thing.
check about Isoprinosine i d definitely try it in your case or replicor trial in US (although your hbsag is too low for them)
5/6/2017: 30 iu/mL
5/12/2018: 12.5 iu/mL
11/21/2018: 38 iu/mL
3/7/2020: 59 iu/mL

The trend doesn't look good. I forgot what I did to get to 12.5 iu/mL.

BTW. what is the right dose of vitamin d? I am taking 1000iu now, cutting back from 15000 iu for a while (thought it affected kidney stone). I am going to take the kidney stone out. And will get back to 15000 iu again.
1000iu is like nothing really
Sorry. I mistyped it. It is 10,000iu.
10.000iu is the max safe dose without monitoring, cofactors like vit A retinici acid type, magnesium are needed for vit d to work best, also vitk2 mk7 is a good add on to keep calcium in bones and away from arteries
Thanks. Stef

I am wondering whether the anti virus drug we are taking has any effects on corona virus. Over years, I rarely got flu, leading me wondering whether the drug also works on other viruses.
Stef2011 could you tell us please, for VitD3 10 000UI, what is proportion for VitK2 and Magnesium?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.