Thank you :) at last i know i'm not the only sensitive mother :) I live in UK but might just wait to go to Poland and follow up with test in few months time. My hubby thinks I'm overreacting and he's probably right. Due to my levels and hbe- and all good results for my son test I have really no reason to worry but I worry as a mother would... I decided to stop reading all of those things in Internet as otherwise I will always find something to worry about ;) xx
Thank you do much for you reassuring message :) I also ordered another set of tests privately to check his hbcag and it came back today negative, which means his high levels of antibodies are due to vaccination rather than recovering from hbv. I have asked private laboratory how sensitive they test are and waiting for answer. They said normally they don't make tests if you hbvag is negative and hbcag is negative so waiting to hear back from them. My viral levels are very low and my hbe is also negative which makes me believe he is fully protected :)
Could I have that done at any laboratory? Would that be viral level test? Thank you for your answer! I think I might do that test just to be triple safe :)
In Occult HBV, hbsag is negative, Detectable HBV DNA and no antibody against hbsag. because there is no antibody against hbsag reinfection can occur.your baby has enaugh antibody against hbv so he doesnt have Occult hbv. i think he is not infected its the vaccine that gave him the protection.
there is no need to worry about occult hbv in this case. if you cant get it out of your mind, ask for a hbv dna test.