Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis B Community
7.11k Members

Reply from Replicor

Thank you for your interest in our development efforts. Our drug is still in development and we do not expect that it will become available for another 3 to 4 years.
17 Responses
Anyone else has any latest update on this? Do you guys think we should have a post "Future Cures/Treatment of Hep B"  and use the single thread to discuss this so that we have centralsed place for all this information.

what say?

in 3 to 4 years i dont knwo if they will have any market left.....hbv vaccine, intf+tdf sequential combos and myrcludex can take alll market by then
yeah. 3-4 years. I hope they are aware of the fact that some people may not make it.

They will all roll these drugs out at the same time. But what is disappointing is that these medications are already here and can be used.
Stef,

Do you know when is myrcludex is expected to hit market? Are there any trial results of thsi drug already out? Is this alone capable of clearing hep b?

Thanks,
Santosh
myrcludex  phase 1 is being tested in Moscow now at several  liver clinics. For phase 1 were only taking treatment.naive  patients or those that were off nucs for at least six months.

Next year they are planning to do larger trials that will include not hep clinics in Russia but Ukraine and the Baltic republics that are EU members.

That is at least the plan. How it will be in reality we shall see.  
myrcludex  phase 1 is being tested in Moscow now at several  liver clinics. For phase 1 they were only taking treatment.naive  patients or those that were off nucs for at least six months.

Next year they are planning to do larger trials that will include not  just hep clinics in Russia but Ukraine and the Baltic republics that are EU members.

That is at least the plan. How it will be in reality we shall see.  
Veteran,

Can you please thorw some light on phase 1 tests. Do we have any indications on how capable this drug is to clear hbv?

Thanks,
Jammy
This is all i know - what i have posted above. From what has been written about the drug it is one of the best available. Google it and it will explain how it works basically it is a protese inhibitor. Using it together with interferon should clear hbv fast (within 6 month)  that is the hope at least.

http://www.hepnews.com/maxwell-biotech-venture-fund-invests-in-mircludex-b/

All i can tell you is that if medication was a wash the russian government would not put up the funding for it.
Myrcludex, if it works, will prevent the virus from entering a liver cell. So if you are already chronic, most of your liver cells are already infected and carry cccDNA. So what can Myrckudex do for you? At most, it can prevent re-infection. We already know even with potent antivirals, the total amount of cccDNA inside your liver declines very very slowing. With Myrcludex, will that decline accelerate? I see no reason why it will.

"The idea for Myrcludex B was developed within two renowned research institutions in Europe, the French National Institute of Health and Medical Research (INSERM) and University of Heidelberg in Germany. The lead compound blocks the penetration of Hepatitis B and D viruses into hepatocytes (liver cells). By treating with an entry inhibitor, new infection of constantly-evolving, healthy hepatocytes may be blocked and the number of infected cells should significantly decline within a few months. The immune system could then regain control over the infection and long-term treatment with viral replication inhibitors omitted or significantly shortened. Both HBV and HDV use the same receptor to enter the cell. The results obtained to date in the course of developing Myrcludex B show the effectiveness of this approach against both HBV and HDV in cell and animal models, as well as an excellent safety and pharmacokinetic profile in the recently completed Phase 1 clinical study."
You have to read from the part >>> immune system  could then regain control over infection.  This protese inhibitor also would block the release of  viral particles this  lowering the surface antigen itself.

That is why they are giving it together with interferon to rescue the immune system faster.  Also keep in mind the fast cell turn over in the liver.

I am telling you friend  drug companies knew hbv kinetics all along. And the latest research proves it. As the surface antigen lowers  to below  a certain number antibodies  against it start to appear.

What they are testing here in states  tablet imiquimod as you see also lowers the surface antigen. Look at Stefanos labs. Dr.Gish  would not say it  just because that this will be the last medication we have to take.

So all these companies go after the suppression of the surface antigen  finaly which should allow the immune system to recover. There are just several ways to go about doing it to reach the final best scenario for us. To loose the surface antigen. No one is talking about eradicating hbv from the system all together - but for us loosing the surface antigen is a miracle we all wish for.

We just need these  medications faster. All these companies take too long in testing these meds. I told all this to dr.Gish and his medical  team.
REP9AC blocks the release of HBsAg SVPs (sub viral particle) but not the hbv virions. Myrcludex blocks the entry of virions into liver cells.

The actions of REP9Ac and Myrcludex had been discussed before.

With all respect, your speculation about what the pharma know about hbv is just speculation. Why should pharma has more knowledge about hbv than researchers is hard to understand, after all, pharma recruits from the pool of researchers.
I've exchanged emails wit Replicor 2 years ago, and it was "another 3-4 years" at that time as well...
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.