Hepatitis B Community

Stef, others, I just got Hepatitistechnologies products!

Hi Stef, others,

Your advice to me here since I came across this forum when I was diagnosed of Hep B in Oct 2009 has been immense and has highly enlightened me about this Chronic Hep B.

As advised by you on this forum recently, I got in touch with Hepatitiestechnologies through my friend in USA(I live in Nigeria) and got the drugs(all 4 of them) I received it 3 days ago and I have started using it already, albeit started with a low dose of 1 per meal, morning and night daily and graduating to higher doses.

Now, pls enlighten me on these drugs.

My latest USS shows enlarged liver, but normal architecture and others.

Also, the pain which has started mildly since Feb 2010 has become a little more discomforting in recent weeks.

Can these products assist in bringing down, if not eliminate, the enlargement and attendant pains?

Also for your comment, my viral loads have been coming down without any therapy or anti-viral before.
May 2010 - 3,500 IU/ml
Dec 2010 - 2,500 IU/ml
June 2011 -  992 IU/ml

Also, my latest ALT which peaked at 46 November last year, has been coming down with every test I did this year

July 2011  - 19
June 2011 - 22
April 2011 -  22
Feb 2011  -  27
Jan 2011  -  36
Nov 2011 - 43
prior - lower than 30

Also, for the first time I did Hbsag quantification and the result is 5,700(I don't know the unit of measurement), but it's said to be high.

Please advise on my case

yes the improvment usually starts after 4 weeks, most of us who tried it got improvment at the 3rd-4th week
it will take more time for the liver to return to normal size since hbvdna is still detactable

it is good that hbvdna is comeing down and also alt, be sure to have serum vitamin d more than 50ng/ml and cholesterol tot less than 150, ldl less than 70 and hdl more than 60

if possible i'd combo simvastatin, vitamin d3 and hep tech products and see if after 6-12months hbsag gets lower.5700iu/ml is about my quantity, too high to have any chances to get rid of it maybe lowering cholesterol and increasing vit d3 can get hbsag lower

please suggest other members where to get hbsag qant in nigeria, this is the most important test for cronic hbv

by the way have you checked the latest news on cholestero and vitamin d?

they are both correlating to liver damage and to hbv life cycle, they are not able to clear hbv but a low chol and high vit d makes hbv very weak and liver much more healthy

using simvastatin it is necessary to keep checking alt/ast before and after use of it, although extremely rare it may happen that sim increases alt/ast and if increase is too much (alt>100) it may be necessary to stop it

using vitamin d, although extremely rare it is better to check serum calcium every 3-4 month together with vitamin d 25oh, the max range of vit d is 100ng/ml

if expensive you can skip calcium and just check vit D after 6 months
Thanks Stef.

But pardon my ignorance, can you enlighten me on this your statement:

"be sure to have serum vitamin d more than 50ng/ml and cholesterol tot less than 150, ldl less than 70 and hdl more than 60"

How do I test for this?

"please suggest other members where to get hbsag qant in nigeria, this is the most important test for cronic hbv"

I don't know whether they did it in Nigeria or sent sample to India, but the outfit is:
MECURE DIAGNOSTIC CENTRE,
OSHODI INDUSTRIAL ESTATE,
LAGOS,
NIGERIA

Also, I still have not done Fibroscan due to non-availability in Nigeria. I still don't know the level of damage, if any, till now. Although I have started using HepTech products.

How do I test for this?

these are easy routine blood tests, vitamin d was tested for oseoporosis in the past but now everybody is checking it, at least in italy, since the discovery of it immune modulating properties and lipids/sugars regulation.

vitamin d is a hormone, not a vitamin, the test is vitamin d 25OH, it is measured in ng/ml or nmol/l.the ranges in the labs are uncorrect, especially for deficency, since the new levels are out from many years.
a study just confirmed that those with hbvdna undetactable have high vitamin d, the optimum levels are 50-100ng/ml

another study confirmed that cholesterol is used by virus to assemble the antigens inside cells and loss of infectivity at low intracellular cholesterol.simvastatin has been shown to be the most potent on hbv, it is thought the simvastatin changes ldl so that virus cannot use it to assemble viral antigens
while hdl, which is the part of cholesterol that lowers ldl, has been found to be antiviral against hbv, so the higher the better

the best ranges are the same for prevention of arterosclerosis or heart diseases:
tot chol <150mg/dl
ldl60mg/dl
any lab check for cholesterol and vit d
Stef, many thanks.

Another question pls:

I'm looking at beginning anti-viral.
I have spoken with ROCHE guys in Nigeria and they are talking about what they call PEGASYS(If I get the the spelling, we spoke on phone)

Now, what do you know about this anti-viral? Simvastatin doesn't appear available in Nigeria.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.