Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis B Community
7.18k Members

URGENT HELP ABOUT MY PEG INTERFERON TREATMENT

I just received result of HBV DNA test after 16 weeks of pegylated treatment :                                       Before treatment HBV DNA is 7998 IU/ml.          After 16 weeks of peg interferon injection   263 IU/ml . My question is 1) do I have a chance to response to the injection? 2) should I continue with the treatment or I should stop and start tenofovir ? Am hbeag negetive
6 Responses
y didn't u do hbsag quant in the begining of ifn therapy. that wud have helped in predicting response more clearly. still u should do it and recheck at 24 weeks. no need to stop ifn before 24 weeks. u r responding
I did hbsag quant before I start the treatment is 15916 IU/ml
2 Comments
what is your current HBsAg quant ?
what is current ALT ?
Current ALT is  21 IU normal laboratory value is 0-12 IU I have not done hbsag quant
recheck hbsag at 24 weeks, make vitd25oh and intact pth tests and soon as possible and take vit d3 10.000iu daily
Am I responding to treatment base on HBV DNA result ? What is your advice . Should I continue with the injection
you will know after 6months by hbsag, too eraly now to say if you are clearing
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.