Hepatitis B Community

URGENT!!! I NEED HELP ON TREATMENT

Am on pegylated interferon injection before I start the injection  hbsag quantitative 15915.28 IU/ml HBV DNA 7998 IU /ml. Fibroscan 7.8 kpa ultrasound fatty liver . After 23 weeks of treatment hbsag quantitative 21642.74 IU/ml HBV DNA 267 IU/ml fibroscan 6.7 kpa ultrasound fatty liver . 1) should I continue with the pegylated interferon injection or I should stop and start tenofovir 2). Do I have a chance of virology response am 37 yrs male from Africa . What causes the increase in hbsag while HBV DNA reduce please I need your help . Am scared because of high hbsag 3) what can I do to lower hbsag quantification
Stef2011 please help me on what to do am confuse my hepatologist want me to continue with the injection
1) should I continue with the pegylated interferon injection or I should stop and start tenofovir

i d stop, this is a clear case of no response on hbsag.what is your genotype?i d keep it if you want treatment to suppress hbvdna only

did yo use same lab for first and second test?

2). Do I have a chance of virology response am 37 yrs male from Africa . What causes the increase in hbsag while HBV DNA reduce please I need your help . Am scared because of high hbsag

hbsag makes nothing why scared?

3) what can I do to lower hbsag quantification

nothing at the moment

This is quite confusing: isn't it the hbv dna that produces the HbsAg? Then when the hbv dna shows such a strong reduction, shouldn't also the hbsag get reduced or at least not get increased?
No it is not hbvdna to make hbsag, most hbsag is my by our own dna
@stef2011 yes I use the same lab . Please what is the consequence of having hbsag quantification of 22000 IU/ ml ? Can tenofovir reduce the hbsag quantification to less than 1000 IU /ml ? I have low vitamin d3 my value was 20.9 ng/l
I have low vitamin d3 my value was 20.9 ng/l

dont you read the forum, low vitamin d correlates with pegintf non response

you can t do nothing on hbv now but it makes no damage and it is not infectious, just think about hbvdna
@stef2011 what about the risk of HCC ? What is your advice should I switch to tenofovir or complete pegylated interferon injection ? Finally in my own case what can I do to prevent cirrhosis and HCC and keep the disease from causing death  
Use tdf and pegintf add on after 10years on tdf, thats the slow cure we have available now.use peg earlier if you are among those getting hbsag less than 1000iuml by 5years tdf
''This is quite confusing: isn't it the hbv dna that produces the HbsAg? Then when the hbv dna shows such a strong reduction, shouldn't also the hbsag get reduced or at least not get increased? ''

No!!!
The politic is bind on ART.
Laboratories produce ART with objectives to eradicate dna and not aghbs quanti .  A very high DNA can be und in 3 months but hbsag increases very high . To understand this take a look at Harvoni (lédipasvir + sofosbuvir) This ART cures HCV , before it was impossible , now compare this drugs with all the different ART that was given to HCV patients for life  (as with hbv now ). The same thing had been worked with objectives to eradicate the virus .
Even TDF can be worked with objectives to eradicate aghbs quanti and it will be done .
We are  prisoners without power .

DNA  and Aghbs quanti are 2 different worlds ,one do not produce the other .
No fear for HCC my dear , you have  know signe to be afraid of that
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.