Hepatitis B Community

Who will be cured first, hbeag postivie group or hbeag negative group?

And how soon after one group is cured, will they be able to cure the other group?
Taking bets now.
My guess is that although hbeag positive group looks like it has better potential with current researched drugs, contray to the belief it will turn out to be more difficult to treat, and hbeag negative group will have the medical breakthrough earlier. Your thoughts?
Well according to the drugs on pipeline it seems that the cure for the Hbeag ppl at the corner.
Hbeag postive
no difference because only replicor combined with peg/zadaxin and nucs cured hbv patients, all the rest is just propaganda for investors with no single cured  
replicor might cure hbeag negative faster who have lower hbsag we need to wait for followup data on hbeag negative with also have hdv who were cured

the trial of replicor on hbeag negative only is starting now, so we only have hbv+hdv data and of course the single hbv infection is easier
Stef if you were to guess do you think replicor will have high svr with hbeag negative patients in there current trial?
I thought replicor drug is only meant to treat hbv+hdv co-infection... Are they planning to target hbv infection only in their next trial?

"replicor combined with peg/zadaxin and nucs cured hbv patients"
do you have link to that study please? was the study for hbv infection only? If yes, I'm curious to see what is the cure rate in that study.

Thanks!
http://replicor.com

Website there data on that.

I did mention Replicor to you before!
just a guess:
hbeag pos may have stable hbsab and hbvdna und on follow up but it is very eraly to say, optimal nap is still to be trialed, nap has been used short periods/low dose on final period

very long periods of best nap and zadaxin or peg like for 2 years continuos might reach tremendous results
Lets hope so.

I think replicor is gaining some momentum in terms of making progress now at last
Why do you think the cure is going to come from US only?
For example from 170 million HCV carriers only 3 million in US but Gilead came up with the cure drug Harvoni and the same thing for HBV too, around two million in here & for sure by either Arrowhead or Replicor  in the coming 3-4 years.
IF I WAS TO THE DOCTOR AND I ASK YOU DO IS COMING OUT OF OR CURE FOR HBV SAYS HE NO.EN I ASKED WHY HE SAYS DO HCV HCV'S OUTSIDE THE CORE AND HBV VIRUS IS IN THE CORE. IS THAT TRUE
Your doc has told you commonly known and the sensible information in order not to get your hopes up.

However the research that is being done does point to a functional potentially on the cards

I think a conservative guess is 10 to 15years before it sees the light of day let alone the thought of the cost will be very high.

Just my opinion
If you were to have guess what would it be to svr first e neg? or e pos?
For sure the cure for both will come at the same time coz this ppl they talk with billions of billions profit, they'll go with the majority. for instance if we Hbeag - are less than 100milliion I don't think they ''ll bother in bringing the cure drug as far as the majority ppl r Hbeag +. So it really depends on their market  profits & clinical research.
E pos are easier to seroconvert since they have no mutated core epitopes and much less integrated hbsag expression.
Thanks Studyforhope.
So what is exactly is a cure if its the virus is inside the core? Is it the elimination of the virus inside of the core so when you get a next blood test would it still show you had an infection in the past?
My doc told me once you're clear from heb c is just shows negative.
It would show
hbsag negative
hbeag negative
Hbsab positive
Hbeab positive

That would mean functionally cured the cccdna would remain but from a patients perspective who cares about that unless they have chemo
definitely not important the little undetectable cccdna left once immune system takes care of it and blocks any possible reinfection...we, hbv carriers, just need a functioning immune system towards hbv
i emailed the cuban institute for info on hbv vaccine, hopefully they will answer with dates
thanks Stef ! :)
2
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.