Hepatitis B Community

hbsag decline

very good news my hbsag keeps going down, difficult to say if it is the effect of etv plus tdf combo or the imiquimod i used in 2012 or the maitake supplements i am taking now, anyway what matters is hbsag goes down:

20 apr  2012  7309iu/ml
21 jun  2012  5210iu/ml
16 nov  2012  3687iu/ml
10 jan  2013  4207iu/ml
28 feb  2013  3644iu/ml
27 mar 2013  4163iu/ml
22 may2013  3201iu/ml

the maitake i am taking now is from puritans, i take from 6 to 9 caps a day, it has no sides so i take 3 times the suggested dose.whatever is getting hbsag down using maitake has no sides except the cost which is cheap, if others try maitake they may be able to confirm if it has an effect or not
http://www.puritan.com/buy/products/47-puritans-pride-maitake-mushroom-extract-150-mg-100-capsules.html
at least its on a downward trend.
are you still taking ezetimibe?
when do you plan to add peg int?
I am happy to for you and to see the downward trend of hbsag. Since when did you start taking maitaki?
about 4 weeks ago, it can be a combination of all the tries i did, imiquimod started an immune activation and a downward trend even if it was with ups and downs and maitake might have worked upon that

no stopped ezetimibe immediately as it failed to rise bile acids, so it wasn t blocking hbv receptors.same thing about ibersatan

when do you plan to add peg int?

the plan was to add pegintf when hbsag reaches at least 1500iu/ml

i ll definitely increase maitake to 9-12caps a day, i ve seen cancer patients having response on high dose like 6g maitake daily.a good point of maitake is it should go directly to the liver and stay there for long
Steff, this is very very good neews and promising down trend. Best wishes to you and hope to see big decline next month from you.
Great news Stefano! Do you know how this maitake works? When did you start it?

we really cant say why it is going down now and it is just a start but if the ups and down stop we may say maitake is helping

they activates macrophages and other immune cells and then they produce interferons.the action is something like the fungus has elements that are seen as pathogens to the immune system and so it activates some immune cells.
congratulation ..

good downward trend ..

what maitake consists of? mushroom??

Hi Stef, so glad to see your qs going down, great news. Please keep us informed. My consultant is considering putting me on inf nut not holding much hope so anything like this may be of help to me. Best of luck.
http://ws.cam-cancer.org/CAM-Summaries/Dietary/Maitake-Grifola-frondosa/What-is-it

Just wait maybe chanca piedra works too after all. But grifola yes is being reported to of some benefit.

This is  very good news stef. Keep everyone posted.
Hi Stef, Good job. I am glad to see that your Hbsag is going to so much.
Keep us posted.
Well Done Stef. Happy for you. Glad its happening for you, especially for all the help you provide in this community. God bless.
Next decline will see me rushing off to purchase those Maitake capsules. happy happy!!!!
We all need to get a pack of it.

7 years ago on some japanese web site I read good results on grifola mushrooms. That they were long treating this disease with it in their traditional medicine. But then the scientists were conducting research of mayetake plus interferon for hbv. They saw.positive dynamics on the disease control and noted  that more data is needed and that they have limited funds for it.

Now seven years later we see that grifola mentioned again that it does seem to rescue the immune system. Helps cancer patients too.

I mean anything we can do to boost our immune system is good. Because it controls hbv and has the power to clear the virus.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.