Hepatitis B Community

hep b Test results

Can Any one tell me ....what is to be done for my results
HbsAg - 2650 IU/ml
Anti HBs - 67.5 IU/ml
HbeAG -Negative
HBV DNA PCR- 24 IU/ML
LFT - Normal

Pl. suggest for further. I am healthly Carrier for 8 years(Since I know)
Dear Stefano,
Can you pl. tell me

since you were cronic 2 things are possible, you are seroconverting or you have had a hbsag mutation

HbsAg - 2650 IU/ml
Anti HBs - 67.5 IU/ml

if you are not taking any treatment you might try nitazoxanide (alinia) or hbv vaccine to see if hbsab gets higher and hbsag lower/negative.what the liver specialist say about this situation?
once hbsab is positive you should get rid of hbsag slowly, is it hbsag stable or decreasing?

Hi, Stefano,
Thanks for reply,

Last year I checked and observed that HBV DNA - NEGATIVE.
But last year I dont know about Hbsag(as in india this year only they started HBsAg quntitative test., befor that only 2.4 cut off value) antiHbs -3.5 IU THAT TIME.
So, My doctor advised me to take HBV vaccine 3 shots.+ 1 shot after a year.
I had taken 3 shots and 1More booster dose is pending this month.
Currently I am not taking any medicine.
This week end only I will get appointment from my doctor.

what is hbsag mutation?.
Pl. advise

what is hbsag mutation?
a mutation in the a determinant of hbsag so that hbsab antibody will not work anymore

good suggestion but that is not enough.in italy they made trials to make hbsab in people with liver transplant so that they could make hbsab after hbsag gets negative.they made monthly shots, i'd try this

i'd also try nizonide500 (alinia), 2-2.5g daily, one pill 500mg every 5 hours with food.since you can check hbsag quantification and hbsab you can easily see if it works or not.
the only thing looking strange is that hbsag is quite high for hbsab to be higher than 10miu/ml but anyway there is nothing to lose since both alinia and vaccine make no sides.nizonide should work even in case hbsag has mutated

also lowering cholesterol can weaken hbsag production you can try supplements like fish oil (3g per day) and red yeast rise (which contains natural lovastatin) or directly a lowering cholesterol drug like simvastatin
Hi Stefano,

Today I met my doctor.
He advised me to take booster shot of HBV vaccine by this month.

But he is quite surprised about the HBV DNA PCR result of 24 IU/ml as it was Negative last year.(Both were from different labs).So he advised me to repeat the test  from another lab and if result is positive then I need to take treatment (tablets).
If the result is negative then I can stay without treatment.

Anilia tab will be available in india? is it antiviral?

I am losing lot of foreign job opportunities due to Hbsag-positive.

will wait for your comments...
Will inteferon treatment work for me?

it has many sides i'd try ntz and vaccine with or without simvastatin first and if you see no hbsag lowering by 6-12 months go for interferon with a liver specialist because it is 99% a mutated hbsag.mutated hbsag are weaker to interferon
Dear Stefano,

Pl. answer my previous questions about anilia?

yes it is it is called nizonide500 by lupin (also nitarid by cipla but lupin is better).it is not antiviral it is an immune modulator, it lowers hbsag and once hbsag is low/negative also hbvdna gets negative

thank you very much stefano
Hi ,

I"m from India. Could you please tell me where they are taking HbsAg Quantative  tests in India?  

nitazoxanide is believed to work inside liver cells infected blocking secretion of antigens this way the suppressing effect of them on immune system is decreased, they also act in a way similar to interferon but don t have interferon sides since ntz gets activated only in infected cells

they are studying another compund similar to ntz (thiazolides) which has more potency on hbv and also slow release versions of ntz to increase dose to 2,7g but they are not available on market yet, still on trial
Stefano,

I started using Alinia and taken hbv vaccination too.
My urine colour is Yellow due to alinia and I am feeling tired.
My worry is will it lead any sides as I am taking without doctor consultation.

Do you anybody from the our post with good changes with only alinia?

Pl. reply.

urine yellow color, stools green color is not a sides effect it is just the drug eliminated.on some also eyes get a little yellow but it is not bilirubin or have anything to worry.my sister has eyes little yellow while i don t

it is one of the rare drugs allowed on 1yo babies because of its safety the only sides you can get are diarrea and stomach pains if your gut is weak

i wouldn t worry about sides but i would check hbsag and hbsab weekly so that if you see an increase of hbsag you can stop immediately, since hbsag is so low you should see results very fast maybe even within a week
Thanks for yr reply.
I will update u the results after a week as for the last 6 days I am taking alinia.
HbsAg - 2650 IU/ml
Anti HBs - 67.5 IU/ml

sorry i confused with another member with hbsag 3iu/ml, your hbsag is not low so check hbsag and hbvdna after 3-6months, not earlier.
alt/ast are not important and should get elevated at first, that means immune system is killing infected cells.

feeling tired might be 1000 things but mainly hbv can be more responsible than alinia
"nitazoxanide is believed to work inside liver cells infected blocking secretion of antigens this way the suppressing effect of them on immune system is decreased, they also act in a way similar to interferon but don t have interferon sides since ntz gets activated only in infected cells"

I read about nitazoxanide acting like interferon in one of the references you gave me. It was a paper by Emmet Keffee. But I have not heard of nitazoxanide acting inside cell to block secretion of antigens. Can you give me a reference?

How is your exercising going?

Cheers,

Stephen

it is on a research paper from an italian researcher in rome, she is studying effect on flu viruses but said the effect is the same on all envelopped viruses while on non envelopped viruses there is no effect.maybe the name of researcher is santoro but i am not sure

try a google search with nitazoxanide influenza viruses santoro, you can also try search in the community because i posted a link to it.at the end of research paper she talks about flu, hbv and hcv and says this ipotesis
How is your exercising going?

lost 3kg in 2 weeks from 77,5 to 74, end point is 71 by 4 weeks/month

next week i will check alt/ast to see if liver inflammation has decreased the ipotesis was insulin resistance and visceral fat did it but it can also be the virus which increases lipids to make more hbsag
my ipotesis is that fish oil can decrease inflammation and losing fat and insulin resistance will make hbsag production more difficult.

if alt/ast get to normal range lower than 30 i might also try to lower cholesterol by red yeast rice also a low cholesterol should help lower fat in the liver and make hbsag production more difficult but i need alt/ast to normal range because red rice has natural statins and i need to see if alt ast stay in low normal level taking statins (even if they are natural and very low dose and at this level have no sides)

forgot to menthion vit d which also proved to regulate lipids and immuen system, i am going to check it next month.it is very strange i could never reach high normal levels of vit D even in the summer and using high dose supplements, there is probably something which downregulate it
http://jb.oxfordjournals.org/content/127/4/543.full.pdf

http://vir.sgmjournals.org/cgi/reprint/36/1/207.pdf

the fact that cholesterol owering drugs and diabetes drugs (especially insulin) have an effect on hbsag (not a cure but hbsag lowering and less infectivty of virions) can be confirmed by these 2 articles that show hbsag composition

HR protocol has also phospholipids, i don t know if they can help hbsag formation but since i had an increaseof hbsag while taking the protocol suggests that it is better to avoid antinflammatory and pcc supplementation when using immune modulators drugs

unfortunately cholesterol lowering drugs are not potent enough to lower cellular cholesterol but in any case both lovastatin and simvastain have showed in vitro effect on hbsag  and probably can help interferon and alinia.
simvastatin has been used already with interferon in vivo for hcv and both sim and vitamin d have increased the percentage of svr
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2951407/

Polyunsaturated liposomes are antiviral against hepatitis B and C viruses and HIV by decreasing cholesterol levels in infected cells

i guess it makes sense to find ways to lower cellular cholesterol content for those hbvdna und and low hbsag titers (1-2logs) especially on interferon or alinia
Thanks for the wealth of information. You are certainly throwing everything at the HBV. On Vitamin D, the picture is very confusing. Read the article from Scientific American, especially the comments from readers.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=which-pills-work&WT.mc_id=SA_CAT_BS_20110211

Santoro is a consultant to Romark. Romark is indeed investigating Alinia for Influenza A.

Ciao,  Stephen
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.