liver damage

what causes liver damage ? is it HBV or our immune systems ? as well what is the cause of liver cancer and HCC?
My GI dr. Told me it was the immune system doing the attack to liver cells, causing inflammation, in my case where my HBV DNA was undetectable, but alt was still elevated to 80-100s range.
thx
Dear Mars...
I left a note on your profile because I can't send amessage... Please help me where can I do hbsag quantitative test in iu/ml in Cairo?
I can't find any lab doing this test
Please... I will appreciate your help

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.