Hepatitis B Community

what is the news with replicor?

2013 and they are all awfully quiet. I think it is time people for a massive online action against these companies. What in the hell are they doing not releasing cures now.  At least.to expose them.  People are not aware of hbv or how much we suffer and what is really going with with these companies  how they go about saving lives.

We dont need more Baraclude or simvastin to remedy it. We need cure or best available which they have but wont release it hiding behind eugenics laws that violate human rights - and delay cures.  

I am just saying if we will be silent nobody will help us.  This  forum should be about this. Taking an action and making these companies accountable. And also raise public awareness.  So in 2013 lets all make a push - those of  us that want live.
Push about what ?
Its in "proof of concept" stage - not exactly sure what phase is that from a medical point of view its gonna take next 5 years or so before they finish all the trials and test treatment programs before they will say "This is the new way - go go go ".

For instance I'm in a trial for safety and efficiency  of combo vs mono therapy of Tenofovir + Pegasys.
This study will take 5 years to complete and publish results - and may I remind you these are both approved and commonly used drugs.

My doc gave me a nice example when I asked him about REP9AC.
I was regarding some other super hyper cure for HBV.
Some pharmaceutical company ran first trials on humans and it was supposed to be a great cure for HBV. Turned out it did something to human heart and in the end 12 people needed heart transplantation and 9 of them died cause of that.

These meds modify your DNA its not an antibiotic cure for e-coli bacteria.

Also remember that there are other diseases that humanity must deal with and HBV is not of any TOP concern for human race as there is a vaccine for it. We will eventually die out, children will be vaccinated and viola problem gone.
Look all the NUCs are borrowed from HIV - it doesn't pay off to invest in HBV.

[Quote] Also remember that there are other diseases that humanity must deal with and HBV is not of any TOP concern for human race as there is a vaccine for it. We will eventually die out, children will be vaccinated and viola problem gone. Look all the NUCs are borrowed from HIV - it doesn't pay off to invest in HBV.[/quote]

So you are basically ok that the system tells you  are not worth living.

As for Replicor their drug works. Your doctor have probably did not read the results of phase 2 they published.

As for nucs yes they were borrowed from hiv and before that they treated cancer with these same compounds.

As for dna modification worry. They have no worry about feeding people  gmo crop that modify dna and already cause diseases like morgelons. And 2nd nucs  modify dna too - for instance baraclude  and they dont worry about it being prescribed.

Wth HepB it is not hopeless. But the kind of thinking you have is. They have better drugs that they ignore and  only focus on these nucs because they are cheap to make for maximum profit. I am not OK with that. And you should not be ok with that either when Replicor med.is available. It should be used instead.

Using peg + antiviral is old news. In some countries this combo is done even as far back as the 1990s. Sure is better then monotherapy with 50% success rate. But still not reaching the effect  of Re9ac.
Here are a list of possible drugs in the works:
GS9620
ARC-520
GI13020
REP9AC'
Myrcludex B
Benitec ddRNAi

All of these look promising.  veteranB, take the lead and contact these companies.  Let us know what they tell you.
http://www.globeimmune.com/news/globeimmune-initiates-phase-1a-clinical-trial-of-gi-13020-in-healthy-volunteers/
thats great news that the US is pushing towards a cure, you would think they would be the last to move towards it with the FDA favoring these drug companies
Globe Immune is in partnership (and being financed) by Gilead - so Gilead is calling the shots.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.