Rosacea - any connection with HCV or Interferon ?

Does anyone know about any connection between Hepatitis Disease שמג Rosacea ?
I would be happy if you can point me onto papers about this topic.
Thank you,
Jack
Have you found anything on google?

I haven't heard anything but that is where I would begin my search if I were to do research for you about your question.

If you are not finding anything I would expect the reason is currently there is not a suspected link.

What does your doctor say?
I found papers. Actually  there are some very good papers that explain how Liver disease cause dermatological disease.
Thank you
I could not find anything when I searched if you are still around can you provide a link?
doc said that there is no strong evidence for connection between Rosacea and Interferon. But there is a strong connection between Rosacea and Liver disease.
Ok yes I did find that information that Rosacea can be a symptom of advanced liver disease or possibly cancer.

Do you have advanced liver disease i.e. cirrhosis?

I don’t believe the relationship holds for just minimal liver scaring of F1 or F2 fibrosis.

If you don’t have advanced liver damage the Rosacea is likely from another source.
You have likely read this but for others who may read this later:

Causes:

Experts are not sure what causes rosacea. The following related factors are thought to contribute:

Abnormalities in facial blood vessels: Skin specialists (dermatologists) suggest that abnormalities in the blood vessels of the face cause the flushing, persistent redness, and visible blood vessels. What causes the inflammation of the blood vessels is still a mystery.

Light skin color: A much higher percentage of people with fair skin develop rosacea compared with other people.

Demodex folliculorum (microscopic mite): Demodex folliculorum lives on human skin and usually causes no problems. However, patients with rosacea have much higher numbers of these mites than others do. It is unclear whether the mites cause the rosacea, or whether the rosacea causes the overpopulation of the mites.

H. pylori bacteria: H. pylori, a bacteria found in the gut, stimulates the production of bradykinin, a small polypeptide known to cause blood vessels to dilate. Experts suggest that this bacterium may play a role in the development of rosacea.

Family history (inheritance, genes): Many patients with rosacea have a close relative with the condition

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C: Post Treatment Issues Community