Hepatitis C Community

Happiness short lived

Happiness short lived
My hep c NP called me today and said I have bad news for you, you are done treatment. I guess well I was in lala land in the ER they did chest x-rays and all kinds of test. I guess the chest x-ray was bad. Of course my mind went into shock mode and I can't remember what the two lung conditions she told me I had but she did say that the interferon makes it worse. Whatever it was she said it makes the outside lining of the lungs become hard and it is irreversible. I will post more when I have answers. It is really scary, I made a joke and the NP was like deadpan serious and she said you are a very sick woman and need to see your Pulmonologist this week. I'm still in shock.
Can -do -man I completed 40 out of 48 weeks. They acted like that was a minor issue compared the lung issues.
Fingers crossed Rocky
I hope that it isn't interstitial pneumonia.  It's very serious.  Do not delay either diagnosis or treatment.

For the moment forget about the Hep C treatment, it is way down or off of the list.

DO keep in contact with people you can talk to or help you with this.

willy
I'm sorry this sounds very scary and dangerous, I hope you are following up on it right away. I too agree HCV should be at the bottom of the list right now.

Wishing you the best.
I'm sorry that you have to deal with this.
I wish you the very best going forward.

Mike
Sorry to hear this after all your valiant efforts. I am adding you to my prayers.

Jilly
I am so sorry to hear about your lung issues, I was going to do 3x and then found out I had a form of lupus possible drug induced from my ruptured silicone implants or Wellbutrin, so I didn't go on it for fear of aggravating it, waiting for all orals

You may have cleared the HCV with 40 weeks, but if you didn't the orals are an alternative

Wishing you all the best and see your pulmonary md , many lung issues can be reversed with medication

I have asthma, have had pneumonia, serositis and various Lung issues, nodules from exposure to fungus, you can recover from many things
Xoxo C