Hepatitis C Community

Ribovirin in the fridge

I accidentally put my ribovirin in the fridge x 5 days before I started treatment. It came on ice and the pharmacy that sent it stuck some label over the "how to store instructions" on the box. I am worried that the medicince is not working because of the wrong storage x 5 days. Any advice?
Good question......never thought about that happening...my nurse told me to keep it out of the fridge too...now ya got me on a mission.
It's fine, refrigerating the riba doesn't hurt it but it's not necessary to to do.  Peg must be refrigerated.
It should not be a problem at all. It should not be stored at temperatures above 30C which is 86F.
STORE THIS MEDICINE at room temperature at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C), away from heat or light. Brief storage between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted.

http://www.medsupport.org/ribavarin.htm

You should always take it on an empty stomach or always take it with food. Taking this medicine sometimes with food or sometimes on an empty stomach may decrease the effectiveness and/or increase your risk of side effects.
I wouldn't take it, I was just going to type what Rocker posted in his last post.