Hepatitis C Community

12-wk post treatment labs

Just opened the envelope with my 12-week post-treatment labs.  HCV undetected.  (excuse me while I type a few exclamation marks. !!!!!!!!!)
TSH normal, liver enzymes normal, glucsoe normal, Hgb 13.1     Wow!

Does anyone know any statistics about the percentage people who are negative at 3 months post treatment, but then then positive at 6 mos?
Congrats to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(lots of exclamation points back)

Things will just get better and better for you now your chances are probably darn close to 100% as I think most people relapse before three months for sure. I'm sure someone will know better but I dont remember it ever happening in here before.

YAY to you!
Looks like mission accomplished! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Week 12 response had a positive predictive value of 99.7% for predicting Week 24 SVR. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The researchers concluded that assessment of serum HCV RNA 12 weeks after the end of treatment using a highly sensitive TMA assay "is as relevant as after 24 weeks to predict SVR and make decisions on the management of treated patients, suggesting a new definition for SVR."

M Martinot-Peignoux, C Stern, S Maylin, and others. Twelve weeks posttreatment follow-up is as relevant as 24 weeks to determine the sustained virologic response in patients with hepatitis C virus receiving pegylated interferon and ribavirin. Hepatology 51(4):1122-1126 (Abstract). April 2010.

hectorsf
Wow!  How cool is that?  I thought it was maybe  90%.  Thanks for sharing that info.  
I've been trying not to have my hopes so high that I'd be devastated if the results came back positive, but now I'm on cloud 9.
Great news! congratulations. it's looking really good for you.
- Dave

I also strongly believe you’re there! The exceptions to this are if the patient has cirrhosis, or is HIV/HCV coinfected; either or both of these factors can change the story a bit. Other than that, you should be pretty much good to go. I believe you still need six months results to formalize everything, but this helps to make tentative future plans, etc.

Good work—

Bill