Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

20 grams of fat with meds

What is the best options anyone has for 20 gms of fat.
I am on 3rd week of inviceck and the hard part is what is best..

My Dr. said yogurt, but it is almost impossible to find yogurt that's not non-fat now.
15 Responses
1747881 tn?1546179478
1669790 tn?1333666195
Usually the Greek yogurts are the only ones with fat and not always easy to find in the grocery store.  
Some people have mentioned that there is a type of Greek yogurt that is regular fat.  My husband has tried cream cheese, peanut butter, avocados, nuts (Brazil nuts are fairly high in fat), ice cream, and Klondike bars.  You have to check the fat content to know how much to eat with your Incivek.
Advocate1955
1722607 tn?1335751458
Do u only have to eat fat with the INC? Or do u have to eat fat with the VIC too?
1815939 tn?1377995399
Here are a few options for 20 grams of fat:

Greek Yogurt (get the full fat NOT the nonfat type) 20 gms in about 7-8 oz

1 cup eggnog (eat something with it, like a sandwich or something solid)

whipping cream (good to top off a meal that may not contain 20 gms of fat)

1 avocado med size

peanut butter (read the label for amount)

butter (red the label for amount)

2 oz of chedder cheese or havarti cheese

1 cup ice cream (NOT low fat)

nuts, olives, mayonaise, potato chips, higher fat hamburgers, etc.

There are more items. Cream cheese and some Brie cheeses, etc.

2 oz of liver pate if you like liver pate (I made sandwiches out of this for awhil but after I got nauseated the pate had to go, LOL)

Whole foods stores and co-ops will have Greek Yogurt and probably also the trendier markets and food places and maybe the more up scale markets.

Any time I eat a meal but don't know exactly how much fat is in it, I add 20 gms with eggnog or whipping cream to be sure.

Hope this helps. Best wishes for SVR.

1747881 tn?1546179478
Only the incivek, vic just says take with food

Effects of Food on Oral Absorption
The systemic exposure (AUC) to telaprevir was increased by 237% when telaprevir was administered with a standard fat meal (containing 533 kcal and 21 g
fat) compared to when telaprevir was administered under fasting conditions. In addition, the type of meal significantly affects exposure to telaprevir.
Relative to fasting, when telaprevir was administered with a low-fat meal (249 kcal, 3.6 g fat) and a high-fat meal (928 kcal, 56 g fat), the systemic exposure
(AUC) to telaprevir was increased by approximately 117% and 330%, respectively. Doses of INCIVEK were administered within 30 minutes of completing
a meal or snack containing approximately 20 grams of fat in the Phase 3 trials. Therefore, INCIVEK should always be taken with food (not low fat).

http://pi.vrtx.com/files/uspi_telaprevir.pdf

DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
VICTRELIS must be administered in combination with peginterferon alfa and ribavirin. The dose of
VICTRELIS is 800 mg (four 200-mg capsules) three times daily (every 7-9 hours) with food [a meal or
light snack]

http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/v/victrelis/victrelis_pi.pdf
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.