Hepatitis C Community

20 grams of fat with meds

What is the best options anyone has for 20 gms of fat.
I am on 3rd week of inviceck and the hard part is what is best..

My Dr. said yogurt, but it is almost impossible to find yogurt that's not non-fat now.
Usually the Greek yogurts are the only ones with fat and not always easy to find in the grocery store.  
Some people have mentioned that there is a type of Greek yogurt that is regular fat.  My husband has tried cream cheese, peanut butter, avocados, nuts (Brazil nuts are fairly high in fat), ice cream, and Klondike bars.  You have to check the fat content to know how much to eat with your Incivek.
Advocate1955
Do u only have to eat fat with the INC? Or do u have to eat fat with the VIC too?
Here are a few options for 20 grams of fat:

Greek Yogurt (get the full fat NOT the nonfat type) 20 gms in about 7-8 oz

1 cup eggnog (eat something with it, like a sandwich or something solid)

whipping cream (good to top off a meal that may not contain 20 gms of fat)

1 avocado med size

peanut butter (read the label for amount)

butter (red the label for amount)

2 oz of chedder cheese or havarti cheese

1 cup ice cream (NOT low fat)

nuts, olives, mayonaise, potato chips, higher fat hamburgers, etc.

There are more items. Cream cheese and some Brie cheeses, etc.

2 oz of liver pate if you like liver pate (I made sandwiches out of this for awhil but after I got nauseated the pate had to go, LOL)

Whole foods stores and co-ops will have Greek Yogurt and probably also the trendier markets and food places and maybe the more up scale markets.

Any time I eat a meal but don't know exactly how much fat is in it, I add 20 gms with eggnog or whipping cream to be sure.

Hope this helps. Best wishes for SVR.

Only the incivek, vic just says take with food

Effects of Food on Oral Absorption
The systemic exposure (AUC) to telaprevir was increased by 237% when telaprevir was administered with a standard fat meal (containing 533 kcal and 21 g
fat) compared to when telaprevir was administered under fasting conditions. In addition, the type of meal significantly affects exposure to telaprevir.
Relative to fasting, when telaprevir was administered with a low-fat meal (249 kcal, 3.6 g fat) and a high-fat meal (928 kcal, 56 g fat), the systemic exposure
(AUC) to telaprevir was increased by approximately 117% and 330%, respectively. Doses of INCIVEK were administered within 30 minutes of completing
a meal or snack containing approximately 20 grams of fat in the Phase 3 trials. Therefore, INCIVEK should always be taken with food (not low fat).

http://pi.vrtx.com/files/uspi_telaprevir.pdf

DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
VICTRELIS must be administered in combination with peginterferon alfa and ribavirin. The dose of
VICTRELIS is 800 mg (four 200-mg capsules) three times daily (every 7-9 hours) with food [a meal or
light snack]

http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/v/victrelis/victrelis_pi.pdf