Hepatitis C Community

2nd peg shot....

Okay so I have to take my meds at midnight and I did. So here's my question if I threw up an hour later would the meds be in my system? I took my 2nd shot at 1130pm but after 1am I got sick. I feel somewhat okay now just more worried about my meds.
Apparently Riba needs 1-2 hours and Telaprevir around 3-4 hours to reach maximum plasma concentration

So I would say yes for Riba but probably no for Telaprevir.
So what should I do? I guess I can call my dr tomorrow. I pray that this doesn't mess up my process.
the same thing just happened to me about 3 days ago. I called the 24hr nurse line and she told me not to retake my dose just take the next dose at scheduled time. I would call your doc and get some nausea meds and let him know you are puking up doses. feel better!
I started getting severe nausea during my second week, and couldn't keep down one dose of Incivek as a result. My hepatologist is with the liver clinic at Stanford Hospital, so I phoned the hospital (even though it was a weekend) and explained my problem to the on-call hepatologist. He told me not to repeat the Incivek and to take the next dose at the regular time, but he also prescribed Zofran for the nausea. He wanted me to have it before my next dose of Incivek, so he phoned the Rx in to my nearest 24-hour pharmacy. It worked GREAT for me - really solved the nausea and vomiting problems! I've gone into that much detail because I think it gives a clue as to how important it is not to risk missing any more doses. Zofran is the best anti-nausea drug for most people on triple tx, as it doesn't interact with the meds and it doesn't cause sedation (most anti-nausea drugs are pretty sedating). Good luck!
Thanks to all the only down side right now is that not only was it thanksgiving and the weekend right here there is no hope for me at least this weekend. The good thing is that I have seemed to keep everything down so far.