A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members
4333925 tn?1359102442

2nd peg shot....

Okay so I have to take my meds at midnight and I did. So here's my question if I threw up an hour later would the meds be in my system? I took my 2nd shot at 1130pm but after 1am I got sick. I feel somewhat okay now just more worried about my meds.
5 Responses
3093770 tn?1389739126
Apparently Riba needs 1-2 hours and Telaprevir around 3-4 hours to reach maximum plasma concentration

So I would say yes for Riba but probably no for Telaprevir.
4333925 tn?1359102442
So what should I do? I guess I can call my dr tomorrow. I pray that this doesn't mess up my process.
4344342 tn?1353282035
the same thing just happened to me about 3 days ago. I called the 24hr nurse line and she told me not to retake my dose just take the next dose at scheduled time. I would call your doc and get some nausea meds and let him know you are puking up doses. feel better!
1840891 tn?1431547793
I started getting severe nausea during my second week, and couldn't keep down one dose of Incivek as a result. My hepatologist is with the liver clinic at Stanford Hospital, so I phoned the hospital (even though it was a weekend) and explained my problem to the on-call hepatologist. He told me not to repeat the Incivek and to take the next dose at the regular time, but he also prescribed Zofran for the nausea. He wanted me to have it before my next dose of Incivek, so he phoned the Rx in to my nearest 24-hour pharmacy. It worked GREAT for me - really solved the nausea and vomiting problems! I've gone into that much detail because I think it gives a clue as to how important it is not to risk missing any more doses. Zofran is the best anti-nausea drug for most people on triple tx, as it doesn't interact with the meds and it doesn't cause sedation (most anti-nausea drugs are pretty sedating). Good luck!
4333925 tn?1359102442
Thanks to all the only down side right now is that not only was it thanksgiving and the weekend right here there is no hope for me at least this weekend. The good thing is that I have seemed to keep everything down so far.
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
683231 tn?1467323017
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.