Hepatitis C Community

A Mild Rash Is Starting

No surprise, right?  I am going to experiment with live wheatgrass juice on it, or some of the pulp. I'll keep you posted or anyone who has tried it is welcome to share their experience....
Good luck with the wheat grass ;-)

If it works I'll order a truckload.
Seriously though, just stay on top of it. Show it to your doctor at every visit. TalKe pictures to document the changes. Moisturizer your skin constantly. Cool, quick showers. (oh how I long for a soak in the tub). Stock up on eucerin body wash and lotion. Gold bond seems to work well for lots of people as well as Aveeno oatmeal baths to Sooth the skin.. For the first five weeks I only had a little rash on my chest and neck, and then after my transfusion and taking a break from the ribavirin all he!! Broke loose....and, well, you see what it is like now. Like every poison in my body is being pushed out through my skin.
Just stay on top of it of/when it begins to spread.
I used that Dr Bronners peperment soap and a pepperment lotion , it does not cure the rash but it puts the fire out.  If I had a low grade fever the rash  would get worse so in around about way the tylenol helped. Benadryl helps too. I would go to the pool a lot in the frist month or so. The cold water felt so good. Then I started getting weak and was afraid I might drown.  Good luck I hope it does not get to bad.
Just took a cooler than lukewarm quick bath. Am trying to get a meal together before I call it day. Salmon, black rice and asparagus. The costco true vanilla ice cream would really like it if I took a bite, We will see...HA. My next batch of wheatgrass is on about 4" tall. May have to wait a few days for my experiment. I rely on amazing grass in between batches. The peppermint soap sounds refreshing. I don't have Benadryl but have Tylenol that I take at bedtime and for some reason rihjt at 12:45 pm...Go figure.
I do have peppermint essential oil...Perhaps a few drops in some cetephil lotion would be worth trying...Thank you for the idea.