Hepatitis C Community

A little Levitity (OT and Open)

The following post is one I found somewhat humerous, but also somewhat of a sad statement of truth too, which I thought others might enjoy.

Please feel free to use this thread for any other off topic humor or exchanges.

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend,
                                 Mr. Common Sense.

Mr. Sense had been with us for many years. No one knows for sure
how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such value lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm and that life isn't always fair.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable Parenting  strategies (adults,! not kids, are in charge).

His health began to rapidly deteriorate when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place.

Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch;and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Mr. Sense declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer aspirin to a student; but, could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Finally, Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense finally gave up the ghost after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot, she spilled a bit in her lap, and was awarded a huge financial settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust, his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason.

He is survived by two stepbrothers; My Rights and Ima Whiner. Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.

If you still remember him, pass this on; if not, join the majority and do nothing.

You can also say we morn the passing of America,at least as the way we knew it,,,all due to not enough good people standing up for what s right. One example that helped bring the downward spiral of America was.....
Madalyn Murray Ohare, one person,, and was able to get prayer removed form school, How? Because most people didn't think this ONE person could achieve her goal, so they sat back and did nothing. So, she achieved getting her 1 million signatures or however many, slips my mind. God was taken out but whenever you remove something ,there is a hole and that hole doesn't stay empty, the hole gets filled with something else and it has.It was filled with everything opposite of what God stands for...hate, violence,murder and the list can go on and on.We see this in many schools across America. That's why,when those that see wrongs, don't wait for others to speak up, you may be the only one that holds up the wall.

One person CAN make a difference,,,,, Madalyn did.
"Common-sense appears to be only another name for the thoughtlessness of the unthinking. It is made of the prejudices of childhood, the idiosyncrasies of individual character and the opinion of the newspapers." W. Somerset Maugham
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." Albert Einstein
"Common sense always speaks too late. Common sense is the guy who tells you you ought to have had your brakes relined last week before you smashed a front end this week. Common sense is the Monday morning quarterback who could have won the ball game if he had been on the team. But he never is. He's high up in the stands with a flask on his hip. Common sense is the little man in a grey suit who never makes a mistake in addition. But it's always somebody else's money he's adding up." Raymond Chandler

Mike
This is not the kind of thread that I find helpful and supportive of my predicament as an HCV patient.  It touches on religion, politics, and other controversies, then implies that if you don't act on the information (by forwarding the email) you are one of the uncaring herd.

The Ten Commandments are not contraband: they are available in your Bibles and your churches and your homes.  Prayer was rightly taken out of schools because it violates the separation of church and state.  Students can, of course, pray privately---who would know?  I'm glad that prayer has been eliminated, and so are many Christians.

Can't you see why some threads are inappropriate for a forum like this?  Certain topics should not be discussed because people have strong feelings about them.  You can call me a whiner, a baby--- whatever you want, but I hope this thread gets deleted by MH.  It's not helpful, or appropriate!
careful with antagonizing the God fearing people.  I speak from personal experience...you will be labeled unhappy and MAD.
stay well
and you're from the state where policemen are not allowed to ask a Mexican if they are illegal when having to confront them for any reason. Sorry, but I will continue to speak up. Jersey is liberal enough for me, but it isn't as bad as that, yet.