Hepatitis C Community

A little good news

Hi Folks,
I got my 24-week viral load results a few days ago, and I'm
undetectable!

The test was a qualititive PCR test with a sensitivity down to 50 IU/ml. At 12 weeks I was also clear, but the test was less sensitive (200 IU/ml).

I'm a genotype 1a, male, age 39, on peg-intron, ribavirin and amantadine. Viral load pre-tx was over 3,000,000 IU/ml. Biopsy showed grade 1 fibrosis, grade 2 inflammation. I think I was infected in 1982...

Wishing everyone all the best, especially those struggling with nasty tx side-effects,
Andrew

great news and to top it all off you've passed the half way mark.
how are the sides? i've heard the amantadine help wiht the sides.
when do you get tested again-- you know you have great odds of beating the virus...i love good stories that have a happy ending.
best,
-m.
Congratulations!  That gives you a little "umph" to take on the next few weeks right!  Celebrate!
That is GREAT news!!

Hope your sides are not that rough and you're holding up. Certainly news like that can help get through the tough times.
Congratulations.  I hope that news gives you some strength to keep going.  Here's hoping you remain clear!
Andrew
This is not a little good news, this is BIG, BEAUTIFUL, ENCOURAGING news that you've shared with us.

How much do you and your doctor accredit adding amantadine to the combo treatment.  Have you used amantadine from week one of your treatment?

Also, did you have a PCR test at 12 weeks? If so, did you have undetectable results with your 12-week viral load test?

Keep going, your treatment is working. Congratulations, you worked hard to get these results!
Such wonderful news, Andrew!  So happy for you!  Now, keep up the good work and take one week at a time and you'll soon be informing us that you're all done!
ambush :)