Hepatitis C Community

Abnormal liver tests

Hi have been having very high tests for months now what does it mean? my AST is 71, my ALT is 112, my AP is 203 and my GGT is 190.
What sort of diagnostic tests have you been offered to date? Have you been screened for viral hepatitis? This is a Hepatitis C discussion group; most of us in here are patients that are managing or have had HCV in the past.

Bill
My opinion, anyone with elevated liver enzymes should be screened for hepatitis.
pcds is right.
I had high alt and ast for 2 years, even though the specialists said nothing was wrong my primary Dr went around them (and me really) and ran the test for Hepc which came back positive.
I wasted 2 years.
Ask for the test

DJ
My husband went to see the dr and all of his  Hep c  tests  were excellent except for the     alt 265  /  ast 131  --- Dr said it  is mildly elevated - My husbands job is hard  strenous work  and I here muscle strain can elevate Alt - Ast ??  I just don't get it - why just the alt ast
ALT & AST don't raise that much from strenous work or exercise. They are more then just "mildy elevated".  And usually is it just the AST that is elevated from muscle strain. I would make an appointment with a Hepatologist (liver specialist). There is something definitely going on with the liver that should be investigated. Best of luck
Mono can cause pretty extreme elevations of ast and alt, but of course you would feel quite sick.