Hepatitis C Community

After finishing treatment, what should I do with leftover meds?

I finished treatment yesterday. I feel wonderful!!!

I have some leftover meds. I have one unopened bottle of Three Rivers Ribasphere, Ribavirin capsules, 180 capsules, 200mg each. I have another opened bottle of Three Rivers Ribasphere, Ribavirin which is only about a quarter used. I also have two inject able Neupogens which are unopened and are in my refrigerator.

Does anybody have any ideas about how to put these meds to good use? Is there a way to donate them?

Bob
yes i have 3 syringes of neupogen in the frig and was told to hang on to it i may need it,but with a 2.5 wbc & neutrophil 1130 the dr said i'll recover on my own,Good question,what to do with it ?
Probably be inherently difficult to recycle them but if that fails how 'bout a very big beach bonfire?  Sorry, I'm really going to feel like c**p if you live in Nebraska.  Really, as with any question like this I'd check with my doctor.  I wish you a wonderful, peaceful weekend.
Dog_Lover
I think if I had some left over (still - on week 38 or 39 out of 72 I have a way to go it seems) I would see if there was a local clinic in the area or something.

Or hold on to them for a little while because somebody on here might need them and then there you go!

Congrats on being finished = what a HUGE milestone that is you must be so glad tonight isn't shot night!  I ain't looking forward to it I can tell you that much and can't WAIT for the day I feel "normal" again whatever that was!
Maybe I'm being overly cautious, but I'm holding onto my leftover meds until I'm non-detectible six-months post treatment, or if the expiration date comes close, whichever comes sooner. But if you do want them out of the house, definitely return them to your doctor, or a clinic as suggested, however, I doubt if any medical facility will accept an opened bottle of riba.

-- Jim
unopened bottles can be donated to the research hospitals or clinics. I gave mine to my hep practice.
Jim you ever part with your riba, yeah right. Like i'm gonna win the lottery and i don't even buy tickets.