A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members
144210 tn?1273092382

Anxiety attacks

Any one dealing with panic attacks? I am week 14, and am having these attacks 2 or 3 x a day. Pretty scary as it feels like  a heart attack. Is this normal SX?
17 Responses
144210 tn?1273092382
I had a 12 week PCR and am UND. But, I seem to befeeling the effects of the disease in many ways. Short of breath. Pale stools, fatigue, itchy palms, and slight yellow tinge in eyes and slight liver pain. I tell myself it is just the SX. Can anyone relieve my worry?  Thanks.
scroll down to:  Interferon and Anxiety Attacks - ADKmtnMan: 11/02/2006
While I was on tx, I had serious anxiety and panic attacks.  My Dr. prescribed Ativan for the panic attacks.  Depression / anxiety are very common sides with interferon.  I was on Zoloft prior to starting tx and stayed on that throughout.  Definitely call you Dr. to help you with this one.  

Gail
Good reference thread angelfishydoc! Gauf, I had just posted on another site today about social anxiety...lol...Im at wk 14 also. Feel like Im turning into a female version of Howard Hughes (without the cash of course...and planes..lol) Anyhow, I think it's just part of tx for a great many of us...however, the heart isn't something we EVER want to blow off because we just think it's the meds. So see the doc if there is any doubt at all.
86075 tn?1238118691
Hi Fishy, nice to see you here! was looking for that thread you mentioned, can't find it, maybe i'm too blurry today, can you email it to me? thanks so much, I think I put an article in there that I was looking for...
I hope I don't sound to simple, But I'm not sure what to lable some of the sx I had.  I just had mental breaks of some sort. Though I have had emotional ups and down in life nothing compared to what happened on tx.  But as I was able to stay a way from most of the daily stress of outside life, maybe it helped.  But also knowing that there is a date that the sx may all end may have kept me from going over the edge.
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.