Hepatitis C Community

Biopsy results are in!

As many of you know, my husband had a liver transplant on November 17, 2004 and we had been lighting a fire under the doctor's arses to get him on tx. Last Thursday we made the trip into the city and today we got the results from his biopsy. Grade 1, Stage 0!!!!!!!!  They DO NOT want him to undergo tx at this point, say when he hits stage 2 or higher, that's the time to do it. We are over the moon. As with everything else, this must be an individual finding, as everything you read out there claims that in post transplant recipients,  the virus tends to run rampant. Not so with the Mountain Man. On the downside, his Iron levels are higher than they should be and they will closely monitor those numbers.(hope he has not developed hemocromotosis (?) from all the transfusions)

Hope everyone has a mild sx weekend.
Be well and keep the faith
Mattie
Wow that is great news. As a stage 4 here and have had that dreaded T word talk with my Hepo. Its storys like your husbands and Mikesimons that make getting up alot easier. Heres wishing all of you only the best.
That is surely good news.
I bet you are "over The Moon!!
Thank you so much for sharing... God Bless
Congrats from this cirrhotic too. Look at that, 1-2-3 in a row. Seems I can count again too!
Says....Look at that, 1-2-3 in a row. Seems I can count again too!........ Give credit where credit is do. Thats one good thing about having an 8 year old around.
Mattie, that is wonderful news.  I know you both have been worried about this for quite awhile, yet dreading tx at the sametime.  Time to celebrate
kathy
Congratulations on your great news!!!! Good luck. Mike
That is great news, I'm so happy for you and hubby.  This is the kind of news we all like to hear.

Beagle :)
just popped in to catch up on a few people's progress and was thrilled to hear your news the moon is still a balloon great news for the mountain man
hugsnstuff  daryl
Thanks for the heartfelt comments everyone, we're VERY happy but at the same time, the virus is still lurking and who knows when it will raise it's ugly head. Trying not to worry about tomorrow and just live for today

Thanks again,
Mattie
that is so great to hear,that the virus has not become vicious to the new liver. excellent!!