A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members
400308 tn?1204250729

Brain fog

I am a geno1a stage 2-3 on my 3 shot of pegIntron with 1200mg riba. Sides are bearable except this brain fog. I have tried Provigil, along with diet change. It seems to get worse. I work a job that requires quick decisions with millions of dollars at stake. Everybody at work is noticing this. Now is the time where I feel that a decision needs to be made whether to finish or? I would hate to lose this job that has given me and my family so much. Any suggestions?
thanks
32 Responses
232778 tn?1217450711
I struggled through work, but I found my performance continued to decline through the treatment period. I started making more and more mistakes, to the point where I did not feel very effective at all at work over the last couple of months of treatment. Sleeping pills helped me a bit, but even those, at the end, seemed to just contribute to exhastion.

Wish I could be more positive for you, but I think if you are having problems with concentrating work, it may be better to address it sooner rather than later, rather than make a career ending mistake. If it is an option, perhaps you should look into disability leave or similar?
I'm geno 1a, doing Peginteron and 1000mg Riba, week 21 of 48.  Like you I have to be sharp at work (lawyer with clients' property and liberty interests at stake) and like you I began to have real difficulty concentrating/remembering/deciding.  It started within the first few weeks and progressed to the point that I went out on disability after week 9.  Couldn't risk committing malpractice.

If disability leave is an option for you I'd look into it.  Good luck with that.
353701 tn?1249584464
I'm a geno 1a in week 18 and i'm amazed at my inability to focus.  i write technical documentation and having been an engineer for 20 years this is soooo much easier or at least it was before tx.  it seems we have to make difficult decisions during this timeframe and if i were you i would choose tx.  if disibility isn't an option maybe a reduced schedule will help you get thru this.  
400308 tn?1204250729
Thanks for the feedback. This is a very diffucult decision that needs to be made quickly. Like moahunter said I don't want to risk a career ending mistake. I have a friend that has greatly influenced my career where I work. I don't want to embarrass him and or myself. Once again thanks all.
took almost a year post tx for the fog to lift.
377521 tn?1203476772
wow, this doesn't sound good.  I have not started treatment yet.  Waiting for test results, but my job as a real estate developer is very stressful and requires quick decisions that could effect many peoples jobs and lots of money.

I hope I can continue if or when I begin treatment.
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.