Hepatitis C Community

Brain fog

I am a geno1a stage 2-3 on my 3 shot of pegIntron with 1200mg riba. Sides are bearable except this brain fog. I have tried Provigil, along with diet change. It seems to get worse. I work a job that requires quick decisions with millions of dollars at stake. Everybody at work is noticing this. Now is the time where I feel that a decision needs to be made whether to finish or? I would hate to lose this job that has given me and my family so much. Any suggestions?
thanks
I struggled through work, but I found my performance continued to decline through the treatment period. I started making more and more mistakes, to the point where I did not feel very effective at all at work over the last couple of months of treatment. Sleeping pills helped me a bit, but even those, at the end, seemed to just contribute to exhastion.

Wish I could be more positive for you, but I think if you are having problems with concentrating work, it may be better to address it sooner rather than later, rather than make a career ending mistake. If it is an option, perhaps you should look into disability leave or similar?
I'm geno 1a, doing Peginteron and 1000mg Riba, week 21 of 48.  Like you I have to be sharp at work (lawyer with clients' property and liberty interests at stake) and like you I began to have real difficulty concentrating/remembering/deciding.  It started within the first few weeks and progressed to the point that I went out on disability after week 9.  Couldn't risk committing malpractice.

If disability leave is an option for you I'd look into it.  Good luck with that.
I'm a geno 1a in week 18 and i'm amazed at my inability to focus.  i write technical documentation and having been an engineer for 20 years this is soooo much easier or at least it was before tx.  it seems we have to make difficult decisions during this timeframe and if i were you i would choose tx.  if disibility isn't an option maybe a reduced schedule will help you get thru this.  
Thanks for the feedback. This is a very diffucult decision that needs to be made quickly. Like moahunter said I don't want to risk a career ending mistake. I have a friend that has greatly influenced my career where I work. I don't want to embarrass him and or myself. Once again thanks all.
took almost a year post tx for the fog to lift.
wow, this doesn't sound good.  I have not started treatment yet.  Waiting for test results, but my job as a real estate developer is very stressful and requires quick decisions that could effect many peoples jobs and lots of money.

I hope I can continue if or when I begin treatment.