Hepatitis C Community

Burning mouth and lips question.

I am going into my 6 the week of triple with Incivek and am developing sore mouth and lips. Would like to hear what others are doing and address it b4 it gets worse.  The sx just keep coming.
Mike
Have your doctor give you an RX for magic mouthwash. Best to you.
Or go out and buy Biotene toothpaste, mouthwash, and gel. I get mout ulcers, bleeding gums, and odd sorts of abrasions on my lips and inside my mouth. Using Biotene clears it all up quite rapidly. Drink more water.
I was very skeptical of Biotene...  The pain in my mouth was so severe regular toothpaste burned as if I'd just eaten a habanero.  I toughed it out hoping it would pass but it didn't.  I couldn't imagine how ANY toothpaste would help.

I started using Biotene toothpaste and after about a week I was able to even brush my tongue with it.

It's good stuff.

I also found some enzyme things that help keep the saliva going while I slept.  I can't remember the name of the product but it's a small disc that you stick on the roof of your mouth before going to bed.

I ate jerk chicken a couple of weeks ago and had a falafel last night.  Do you want hot sauce?  Hell yes!
i used tinactin for my cracked lips.  it's an antifungal cream.  my study nurse and some on this forum recommended it.  it really works for me.  good luck.  belle
Agree with Belle - When my husband was coming off the INC he had horrible peeling lips.  He used Tinactin for peeling raw lips, then he used Aquaphor after.  Lips were better within 1 day, and by day 3 they were back to normal.
how is he now w/ regard to psoriasis arthritis brain fog etc?