Hepatitis C Community

Can you get rid of hep c and if your pregnant will the baby have it?

My girl has hep c and I probably do too but I haven't been tested yet. She found out when she was about 6 months pregnant. We always shared needles with each other soot likely I got it too. Is there a cure for hep c? If u get rid of hep c are you still a carrier of it? Is our baby gonna have it and if not will she be a carrier of it? What does hep c make you feel like(symptoms)? Because I always feel really weak and tired.
"Is there a cure for hep c?"

Yes, the new treatments available or soon to be available have very high cure rates with only 12 wks of treatment

"If u get rid of hep c are you still a carrier of it?"

No, you either have hep c or you don't, you will still be antibody positive when testing but the antibodies are harmless and not contagious

"Is our baby gonna have it and if not will she be a carrier of it?"

There is approx a 5% chance of vertical transmission (catching it from mom during birth) and no, you either have hep c or you don't

Have a great day