Hepatitis C Community

Can't remember if I took my ribavirin!

I take ribavirin twice a day. I just cannot remember if I took tonight's dose or not.
Is it better to:
1. take a dose (which may mean I had a double dose), or
2. just assume I did take it (which may mean I totally miss a dose).

Main anxiety is I have VERY low platelet count and am monitored weekly to ensure it doesn't drop at all (it's borderline). And I THINK that part of what the ribavirin does is to counteract the interferon's thinning of the blood.
It is 10.40pm here - no one to ask so I googled and came across this helpful site.
Anyone out there who can help?
DID YOU TRY COUNTING the left over pills?
I did think of that, trouble is I just can't work it out :( I keep trying and get a different answer each time. You sound like you're being a bit sarky ... I hope not, came here for support, not to be belittled.
No...i am not be sarky....LOL...what ever that means...i didnt mean to type in large text as to yell at you...i was serious...i did the same thing before...i just count back the pills i do...ya might wanna try this on the next batch...how long ago did you think you missed the dose?...i
Adjective   sarky

(UK) sarcastic

i was not being this way
Imma....  I think counting the pills would have been a pretty good solution if you didn't have too many pills to count back on.  Do you have someone else there that can help you count the pills.  I am serious.  I know how I feel when it comes to my meds and it makes me anxious to try to figure anything out on my own and a second brain comes in handy when we're on meds.  

I'm sorry I don't have another solution to offer you but hopefully someone else will.
   Separate the pills into piles of 10. It makes it easier to count. I am serious. I did this while on treatment.