Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

Can't remember if I took my ribavirin!

I take ribavirin twice a day. I just cannot remember if I took tonight's dose or not.
Is it better to:
1. take a dose (which may mean I had a double dose), or
2. just assume I did take it (which may mean I totally miss a dose).

Main anxiety is I have VERY low platelet count and am monitored weekly to ensure it doesn't drop at all (it's borderline). And I THINK that part of what the ribavirin does is to counteract the interferon's thinning of the blood.
It is 10.40pm here - no one to ask so I googled and came across this helpful site.
Anyone out there who can help?
22 Responses
DID YOU TRY COUNTING the left over pills?
I did think of that, trouble is I just can't work it out :( I keep trying and get a different answer each time. You sound like you're being a bit sarky ... I hope not, came here for support, not to be belittled.
No...i am not be sarky....LOL...what ever that means...i didnt mean to type in large text as to yell at you...i was serious...i did the same thing before...i just count back the pills i do...ya might wanna try this on the next batch...how long ago did you think you missed the dose?...i
Adjective   sarky

(UK) sarcastic

i was not being this way
Imma....  I think counting the pills would have been a pretty good solution if you didn't have too many pills to count back on.  Do you have someone else there that can help you count the pills.  I am serious.  I know how I feel when it comes to my meds and it makes me anxious to try to figure anything out on my own and a second brain comes in handy when we're on meds.  

I'm sorry I don't have another solution to offer you but hopefully someone else will.
362971 tn?1201990634
   Separate the pills into piles of 10. It makes it easier to count. I am serious. I did this while on treatment.
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.