A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members
131817 tn?1209532911

Capitation-or denial of care

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060821/sfmv002.html?.v=4

I asked my GI today about a news story I posted the other day. He told me that the Muir group wants him and all GI
36 Responses
I'm on Kaiser (of Southern Cal, which is administered separately from the Kaiser up by you, but still the same outfit) and have found, despite so many people's complaints about them, that I've received every test I've ever asked for, at least regarding my other problems, which are diabetes and cutaneous scleroderma.  Sometimes I've had to push them a bit, but I've even had my dermatologist "slip in" a little cosmetic work by finding a medical excuse for it.  I've been a Kaiser patient for a quarter of a century, and yes, sometimes I've had to request a procedure several times before they caved in, but they have always caved in.  I'm told that Kaiser is run differently than any other HMO in that their doctors are salaried and therefore find no advantage in denying care because their paychecks remain the same.  However, I know about the transplant scandal in their Northern Cal operation, so maybe it's different where you live.

In the end, though, what we really need is a national health system like Canada's and hopefully, when we get rid of Bush, maybe our next government will do something about this country's scandalous health care system.  

Hope you're feeling well and receiving the care you need.

pigeon
107513 tn?1232290064
Boy, that's just what I needed for a good laugh this morning!!! Canada? Ohhhh please, not the model we need to follow!!
Here's a little reading material.
<a href="http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/3/21/101350.shtml">Canadian healthcare</a>

If your interested, you can find numerous other articles just like this about the long waits for treatment, and the scarcity of Dr's..
The people of Canada are taxed somewhere in the range of 50% of their yearly income to pay for their system.. Their system isn't free, or socialized, YOU pay!! I pay enough in taxes right now for our current system, and the solution sure isn't to increase taxes, we need to make people answer for the current mismanagment of funds.

Just throwing my couple cents out there! LOL
all the countries in europe?
In Sweden, most folks ride bycicles, even in inclement weather, so, they stay fit and keep the air clean at the same time. THey utilize public transportation often also.  This is the country many here keep quoting in studies...they must be doing something right.  Except, they have a high incidence of suicide in a particular age group, go figure.
Yes, and if you read the whole link that snook put on his post, the World Health Organization rated Europe as # 1 in health care.

Beagle
I wonder how the weather is in Sweden?  As there is a high suicide rate in Seattle, Wash because of the weather there.  It's alway raining or cloudy there and they have a high rate of SAD that leads to suicide.

Beagle
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.