Hepatitis C Community

Check this Out

This protese inhibitor trial i am signed up for is not the Vertex one..its the Boceprevir Phase II Study ....anyone out there know anything on this.,,,here s a liink to some news on it...looks really good

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m4PRN/is_2008_August_4/ai_n27967944
Schering-Plough Corporation (NYSE: SGP) provided an update on the clinical development program for boceprevir, its investigational oral hepatitis C protease inhibitor. Initial results from an ongoing Phase II study in treatment-naive (previously untreated) hepatitis C patients showed boceprevir (800 mg TID) in combination with PEGINTRON(TM) (peginterferon alfa-2b) and REBETOL(R) (ribavirin, USP) achieved a high rate of early virologic response, with up to 79 percent of patients having undetectable virus (HCV-RNA) at week 12 of boceprevir treatment compared to 34 percent of patients receiving PEGINTRON and REBETOL alone.

http://www.****.***
This is a good detail site of the trail i will began in Oct.

My nurse says 1in 5 patients will recieve the placebo drugs...so i have an 80% chance to get some of the good stuff.
Still sounds great to me Rock.  I think you'll have excellent results.  I will say a little prayer that you get the good stuff.  It's time to kick some a-s-s and turn the page on the hepc chapter of your life.  
Trin
The odds look good...up to 80% odds of staying clear at 12 weeks EOT...AND A 80% chance i will get the real drug....id go to las vegas with those odds and come bacd loaded
http://clinicaltrials.gov