Hepatitis C Community

Clinical trial GS-7977 and BMS-790052

I started this clinical trial yesterday, 12 weeks, all oral. (NCT01359644)

There were two arms -  one with and one without Ribavirin. My arm is (unfortunatley) without.

I know some people here are contemplating and/or screening for this trial. I'd love to keep in touch and exchange feedback.

Good health to all...

Kat

is this for  GT 2 or 3?
It's for gt 1, 2 and 3; I'm 1A.

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01359644?term=NCT01359644&rank=1
I had my biopsy today. If I am Stage 3 or less I'm in. I find out next week.

Was today day -1 or day 1 for you?

Please let us know how it goes.  
Glad to see you got in Katla. Keep us posted. Did you have to stay there for eight hours yesterday? When do they tell you the results of your first blood tests?
Best of luck to you Kat!  Please keep us posted as to how you're doing, side effects if any..etc.  The earlier arms of this trial were for 24 weeks and they've just finished up - people on a different forum who were on this trial said they had minimal sides, ie, fatigue, headache but nothing serious and their AST/ALT went to normal levels within the first week or so.  And everyone achieved UD within the first 3-4 weeks!  The results of the 24 week arms are to be presented next month as EASL and from everything we've read, the results should be great!  
Just to clarify, the 12 wk arm that you're on was added later as an amendment to the 24 wk BMS/PSI trial and is only for 1a's and 1b's, either treatment naive or null responders to triple therapy.  The good news is that if it turns out the 12 wk duration isn't long enough and there's relapse after tx ends, you should be able to re-treat with 7977 in the future because it has such a high barrier to resistance. (Just read they are re-treating the G1 nulls who relapsed after 12 wks 7977 + Riba with 7977 + another DAA and hopefully that will do the trick for them to SVR)
Wishing you all the best!
CO1251
Best of luck Katla! I have definitely decided to start this 12 wk. psi7977 and bms790052 w or w/o riba trial next week as offered! We will keep in touch and post for others!!