A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members
1707536 tn?1334977677

Clinical trial GS-7977 and BMS-790052

I started this clinical trial yesterday, 12 weeks, all oral. (NCT01359644)

There were two arms -  one with and one without Ribavirin. My arm is (unfortunatley) without.

I know some people here are contemplating and/or screening for this trial. I'd love to keep in touch and exchange feedback.

Good health to all...

Kat

329 Responses
is this for  GT 2 or 3?
1707536 tn?1334977677
It's for gt 1, 2 and 3; I'm 1A.

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01359644?term=NCT01359644&rank=1
2035311 tn?1332683577
I had my biopsy today. If I am Stage 3 or less I'm in. I find out next week.

Was today day -1 or day 1 for you?

Please let us know how it goes.  
Glad to see you got in Katla. Keep us posted. Did you have to stay there for eight hours yesterday? When do they tell you the results of your first blood tests?
Best of luck to you Kat!  Please keep us posted as to how you're doing, side effects if any..etc.  The earlier arms of this trial were for 24 weeks and they've just finished up - people on a different forum who were on this trial said they had minimal sides, ie, fatigue, headache but nothing serious and their AST/ALT went to normal levels within the first week or so.  And everyone achieved UD within the first 3-4 weeks!  The results of the 24 week arms are to be presented next month as EASL and from everything we've read, the results should be great!  
Just to clarify, the 12 wk arm that you're on was added later as an amendment to the 24 wk BMS/PSI trial and is only for 1a's and 1b's, either treatment naive or null responders to triple therapy.  The good news is that if it turns out the 12 wk duration isn't long enough and there's relapse after tx ends, you should be able to re-treat with 7977 in the future because it has such a high barrier to resistance. (Just read they are re-treating the G1 nulls who relapsed after 12 wks 7977 + Riba with 7977 + another DAA and hopefully that will do the trick for them to SVR)
Wishing you all the best!
CO1251
962117 tn?1416362216
Best of luck Katla! I have definitely decided to start this 12 wk. psi7977 and bms790052 w or w/o riba trial next week as offered! We will keep in touch and post for others!!
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.